Rick Owens S/S 2022 Paris

The cutout dresses are nice, mostly because I can see a glimmer of what people love about Rick... which is sexy, subtle draping. Unfortunately, they're completely overshadowed by the hideous jackets and unnecessary styling.

Rick Owens used to display an evolution in each one of his collections; but he is clearly stucked since 2019.

It´s boring seeing the same "monster" shoulders, the same platform shoes, the same ripped sleeves, the same cropped jackets with seams details here and there, the same sunglasses...

Rick seems to spend more time with his blonde boyfriend; than in the atelier developing new concepts.
I miss the old Rick, he was a very talented designer. I want his talent back, please!!

I love this, it's not as strong as his spring 2020 collection (one of my favorites collections of the past decade) and maybe not very original, but i love when he takes on more traditional 'elegant' dresses.
these two looks: one and two are amazing.

I love it. Though, there's a couple of looks that make me think "why is this here" I really enjoyed this collection overall.
And I guess he won't get rid of the dorito-shoulders and platform shoes anytime soon...

I just love when Rick Owens does dresses and this was no exception!

I guess I was expecting a little bit more. don’t know exactly what more but something else.
also, the shoes for me felt repetitive…

I will say this again, I would love him to do Haute Couture!

but I do love me some Rick Owens. his SS2020 collection lives in my head rent free.

After thinking on it for a while I actually really like this collection ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. The color palette is beaut. I love the dresses, the capes, the layered spiderweb knits, those b/w snake gladiator boots, and loveee those cocoon dropped shoulder things whatever they are omg. I low key wanna order that chicken feather cape or the red finale cape but I think they might be better just to look at on the model lol.

I will say though, it is getting a bit repetitive season after season. I was expecting a bit more of something new, too. Idk what tho. I think it might be time soon to retire those jumbo shoulders.

Third look Is probably one of my favorites this boring season but in general, although the line-up included many well executed signatures of him, i was left wanting a bigger theme to string them up together. After a very eventful and directional fall show, I was left a bit cold.

I like this a lot. It's kind of gorgeous. Idk if Rick would take that as a compliment though lol.

New Loic video on this. I thought it was interesting he said this had an art nouveau inspiration to it, but also the fact that he said he wanted it to be "Rick Owens" explains why he's becoming so cliche I guess

Well so here I am again! I found the finale cape on hella sale so I got it and the fabric is CRAZY. The orange is so vibrant, and the way the faille crinkles creates these golden creases that almost glow. Kind of reminds me of something from the Renaissance period. I wonder so badly what the mustard yellow variation would've looked like 😭 Also I keep looking for faille like this online and can't find anyyyttthingggg like it. It must be so fun working with manufacturers to create one of a kind things like this.

IMG_3058.jpgIMG_3060.jpgIMG_3062.jpgIMG_3061.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->