RIP Alber Elbaz - 1961-2021

Truly devastating. What an icon. Feels like we are losing all the last of the true great artists these days. He will definitely not be forgotten and he deserved so much more.

Hope at the very least this is a major wake up call for so many in the industry who have not been taking Covid seriously and have been so lax with others' lives.

^ is that what happened? covid?

He will be very missed :heart::heart::heart:.. I feel very lucky to have followed his beautiful work at Lanvin when I was still growing up and absorbing everything like a sponge, I didn't know at the time how lucky we were to still see designers' creativity flourish every season, expressed in the vocabulary they feel most comfortable with, even if that meant a slow, gradual and tactful exploration of the house they worked for. No one was punished for that then. Sadly, the way he was abruptly removed ended up being equally educational and a major warning of what was to come for the industry as a whole. He really still had so much to give, especially in his optimism and guts to launch his own label in a time like this and become his own spokesperson when the industry right now is really just a row of factories celebrated their ability to minimize voice and soul. Such a loss.. RIP.

Tragic news. I can’t think of anyone that was as beloved by his peers. He leaves behind an incredible legacy. May he Rest In Peace.

I’m shocked and heartbroken. He was missed and we were expecting so much from his new projects. He was one of best in the industry. I’ll miss him so much :cry:

RIP to a legend. His Lanvin was one of my favourite brands back in the day, he knew how to make such gorgeous clothing for women. This is such a loss for the industry and anyone who loves fashion.

Nooo!!! This can't be real. A true talent. May he rest in peace. :cry::cry:

^ is that what happened? covid?

He will be very missed :heart::heart::heart:.. I feel very lucky to have followed his beautiful work at Lanvin when I was still growing up and absorbing everything like a sponge, I didn't know at the time how lucky we were to still see designers' creativity flourish every season, expressed in the vocabulary they feel most comfortable with, even if that meant a slow, gradual and tactful exploration of the house they worked for. No one was punished for that then. Sadly, the way he was abruptly removed ended up being equally educational and a major warning of what was to come for the industry as a whole. He really still had so much to give, especially in his optimism and guts to launch his own label in a time like this and become his own spokesperson when the industry right now is really just a row of factories celebrated their ability to minimize voice and soul. Such a loss.. RIP.
That is what was reported in the press and that he was in an induced coma :(

Oh my GOD ! :cry:
I saw his name trending on Twitter and thought he took a new appointment or something, but saw it said he died and I was so stunned and shocked. This is just awful and I feel so bad about it after setting up his new label. He seemed like such a sweet, adorable, and kind soul with a great heart. Devastating !!! RIP Alber !! :cry:

What the hell? I can't believe this at all. Wow, sad for his family and loved ones. Will truly miss him

Oh God. What a loss. R.I.P, Mr. Elbaz. :cry: His work for Lanvin and how he brought it to limelight will never be forgotten.

That is what was reported in the press and that he was in an induced coma :(
Yeah, I just saw it on The Guardian too so I guess it's official. I don't know why it makes it more frustrating now that the vaccine is here.. I don't know anyone his age (he was my mom's age) that's not vaccinated by now.. and he would've qualified right at the beginning of this year given his condition, at least in Israel (though not sure if it was open for its own citizens). Ugh. :(

This is such a sad news. He was young and this is all so sudden. He will always hold a special place in my heart because I attended his ten-year tenure anniversary show for F/W 12.13 in Paris. We were young, we had no invitations but we got to enter the place somehow. The show and the casting were spectacular and a giant after-show party took place right after. We even got the opportunity and the privilege to take a group picture with him and he was so kind. It was one of the best night of my life and I will cherish this memory forever. His talent was unparalleled and I have no doubt he plays a big part in our love of fashion. He will be missed. RIP Alber Elbaz.

Yeah, I just saw it on The Guardian too so I guess it's official. I don't know why it makes it more frustrating now that the vaccine is here.. I don't know anyone his age (he was my mom's age) that's not vaccinated by now.. and he would've qualified right at the beginning of this year given his condition, at least in Israel (though not sure if it was open for its own citizens). Ugh. :(

According to Israeli press he was fully vaccinated, but contracted the South African variant

Alber Elbaz, top Israeli fashion icon and ex-Lanvin director, dies of COVID

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->