Rodarte F/W 2021.22 Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, May 19, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Another Chanel audition (starring Alicia Silverstone).

WAVES, JohannesL, upNorth and 3 others like this.
  3. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

^And as we all know it's more probable that they get to sit on a rocket to mars than sitting on Karl's chair...either way those looks are the weakest, very Fashion Nova/sewing project of a crafty LA teen (which to an extent they still are)

It's very confusing as a collection but it's more tolerable than their last one, the styling is less heavy handed and the separates actually wearable. A so so effort but by american standards it's rather good...

Alicia looks bad and is not that I expected her to still look 16... but she doesn't wear the clothes well and her tired expression doesn't help.

bc collector and jeanclaude like this.
  4. Joromana

Joromana Active Member

I think if this were presented better, it would be more interesting. I don't really 'get' what they're going for here.

5. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

If this was a collaboration with, let’s say Urban Outfitters, this would be great. But for this to be a main collection and at the price points Rodarte is at, it’s not good enough. It doesn’t scream luxury … not even mid-luxury. I think they need some recalibrating.

6. AnaD

AnaD Active Member

Who would really wear this when there are other people doing this look much better? If you have the money for Chanel you'll buy Chanel, not Rodarte's version, and if you don't you'd be better off duping the original than this thing. IDK why this brand is still around.

bc collector and jeanclaude like this.
  7. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ Clearly a rebranding of sort to sell their hoodies. Before, the overwrought Bob-Mackie-showgirl-meets-Willaimsburg-scenester branding was such a huge disconnect to sell hoodies. Frankly, this further dumbing dumb of their already ironic brand of design doesn’t look like it’ll win anyone over. I’d easily take Virginie’s dumpy/frumpy/dowdiness over this brand of Aliexpress-doing-Betsy Johnson-knockoff fashions and Etsy-thriftstore casting. This rebranding seems to be at the demands of their investors: DIY for Midwest tweens-- complete with seeing the Pacific Coast for the first time photoshoot, cuz I can’t imagine any adult women would want to wear such juvenile designs. (Getting secondhand embarrassment for Alicia here…)

8. Toni Ahlgren

Toni Ahlgren Well-Known Member

Yeah, I consider myself very open for all different kinds of beauty etc. but Alicia in that last picture simply looks rough and those cheap a** gloves must be for Halloween.

AnaD and jeanclaude like this.
  9. AnaD

AnaD Active Member

Rodarte has never not looked cheap. Even when they were doing their floofy flower princess look it didn't look great. Plus the stories of seams coming undone after one wear and zips being wonky just bathed the whole brand in an aura of cheapness for me. No matter who they dress up I can't shake the image of their outfits being held together by safety pins.

10. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Active Member

This brand always was art school project because they despised business aspect of company. When they started loss money from naive sponsors, of course started sold ugly t-shirt.

JohannesL and bc collector like this.
  11. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

:lol: you make it desirable haha, I went back for another look like ‘that’s a cool gold UO dress’.. (and I never buy at UO- unless it’s nail polish).

Seriously, I don’t even know what to say besides, yeah, DIY.. a scam.. at this point it’s probably money laundering what must keep the business open, who could possibly be buying this..

Salvatore and bc collector like this.
  12. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Well-Known Member

How the mighty has fallen. From one of the must-see collections at NYFW to this. And tbh, I think this is probably their best showing in a while. Some of those looks are downright agreeable.

Has there been a brand with a quicker rise and fall than Rodarte?

13. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Perspective :rofl: