Rodarte S/S 07 NYC

Foxie-Pooh

Reaction score
How come is no thread on Rodarte ss 07? Anyway...I think it's a wondeful collection
00020m.jpg
00070m.jpg
00240m.jpg
I also love the shoes Louboutin did for them :heart: :heart: heart:
00140m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00140m.jpg
cred-style.com

last year collection was ethereal nd magic.this year i just dont get it at all...

It's all a bit too 'I'm going to Ascot' frou frou isn't it? I was hoping for something amazing from Rodarte since I LOVED the last show!

it's interesting indeed and very brazen for a sophomoric collection which i definitely respect. reminds me a bit of (earlier) rochas. the shoes are absolutely gorgeous! i like rodarte, and this collection is no exception.

Foxie-Pooh said:
How come is no thread on Rodarte ss 07?
I don't know about anyone else, but personally I've been trying to forget about this...:doh: With the exception of the maybe five or six decent looks I see, I'm tempted to post the lot of it in that "What's the Worst Thing You've Ever Seen" thread. Fabric combinations, silhouettes, embellishments - almost nothing here makes sense to me. It's obvious from the closeups that a lot of painstaking work went into the contruction and detailing of this collection. To see that level of effort wasted on so many baffling, awkward, and - dare I say it? - ugly dresses is dispiriting.

I mean, exactly what the hell are you thinking when you design something like this...? :( Sigh. I guess there's always next season...

00060m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worked at all for me.. its isn't even fun to look at, some looks reminds me a badly executed balenciaga ( like the hot pink one at style.com ) ... urgh.. the only thing i might consider to like will be the shoes...

Wow...I didn't know so many people would dislike this but I kinda like the eccentricity, strange fabric combination, akward shape, and excessive frills...I think it is a breath of fresh air for New York to move into a more abstract and creative realm

I like the way the trouser leg and angle of the foot is completely 90 degrees in post #1 and I like the soft colors. However, that first dress is so shapeless and appears to have been pecked apart by a chicken. :(

Speaking of the body, did the designers of Rodarte, Kate and Laura Mulleavy, consider it when they rolled out the couture silks? These have to be the silliest clothes to come down the pike in a while. There’s no point talking about the design of their dresses and suits if the Mulleavy sisters don’t have any sense of proportion.

By CATHY HORYN
Published: September 14, 2006

The result of all this was a collection that might not have looked out of place in a classic Irving Penn spread, but what of its position in the modern world?
– Laird Borrelli --style.com

too many people have puffed this girls up
maybe if they could wear dresses they'd reconsider there aesthetic -me

i think that ppl here are sophisticated enough to not be wowed by amazing feats on construction and designers who are just about ideas
ppl want to see clothing that they can relate to (add to thier closets) and this doesnt cut it.............
i personally (being a sucker for the technical) like some of it
but........ as a designer myself. i realize that fashion today is not just ideas for the sake of it
(thats why i toned it down a bit in my own work)
but ideas that ppl can use and wear
so i hope they are not carried away by all the press and accolades they have recieved
i just dont believe that they can handle this in production or make it profitable, as thier is just not enough ppl who would want to wear this.

Anna Piaggi ,maybe.......................

I am very disappointed. I adored their last collection and was really looking forward to this.

The first several looks weren't bad. I was very excited for Rodarte this season, but my heart sunk when I saw the bulk of this...

00170m.jpg
00180m.jpg

00190m.jpg
00200m.jpg

00210m.jpg
00220m.jpg

00230m.jpg
00250m.jpg

00260m.jpg

style.com

holy cow! It's as if they set ProjRun's crazed Vincent & Angela loose in their work room and said 'Do your worst'. Fleurchons galore... but in spite of myself I rather like the voluminous magenta balen-esque jacket and.. hmm well yeah, that's it. :doh:

i really like the shoes, but so many of the dresses look like they were designed by glue gun craft addicts. although, I suppose at their price point, a commercial success was out of the cards anyway, but please design something wearable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukebears
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->