Rodarte S/S 2014 New York

At least this collection is memorable, in a bad bad bad way.

This is disgusting. I can't even imagine who would wear this. I guess Rihanna and Miley, but is that the audience they are looking for?
Yeah, if I thought Rodarte was the kind of brand that makes ironic references to pop cultural phenomenons, this might actually make sense. In a "yeah it's ugly but it represents the current state of pop culture" kind of way. But knowing where they are coming from and what they were capable of creating in the past, this is just repulsive, cannot be excused and is not funny at all. I can't believe at some point we thought those girls should design for Dior :lol: This is ridiculous.

I can't believe at some point we thought those girls should design for Dior :lol: This is ridiculous.

Please don't. That would be the worst nightmare of fashion history imo. :lol:

hi-ya hoo. it's obvious. the girls gonna have to retire after this season.

Every season for the past two years I always foolishly say to myself, "I'll check out Rodarte just one more time, maybe they've reverted back to the cool, referential brand that I used to love."

No. I'm not doing that any more. I think I'll just look at their past collections and mourn the loss of what used to be my favourite brand in New York. This looks like run-of-the-mill hipster gear.

Looks like they tried to do something very similar to Balmain. Cool, inspired by the sreets, connected to the city (Balmain is very Parisian and this does look like NY a lot). Sadly, it did not work out.

So.

Considering their recent disasters, i decided to take a few seconds before clicking the thread to stop and lower my expectations at 'dsquared level' as in: expect the worst possible, you won't be disappointed.

I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING THOUGH. like i didn't expect to actually find stuff i could se in an actual dsquared show.

this is just sad. i used to love every single thing they did. what is this crap. this isn't only bad compared to their old stuff, this is absolute crap in every way possible.

BALE_AW12_0069.jpg

graziadaily

The sisters got their inspiration from the ugliest Balenciaga collection ever done. No wonder it's uglier.

This collection is not modern, elegant, fresh, interesting. There is nothing to point that I could like. Some designers should retire a season or two to make strongs collections instead of delivering uninspiring ideas....
I am so sad. NYFW was about Rodarte a few years ago, the quirky label creating strong silhouettes based on horror movies and manga culture. The horror is just on the catwalk right now....

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! This is a little bit too much to take in all at once. I agree, it is pretty nasty. I just can't understand how they can go from this:
00340fullscreen.jpg
and this
00270fullscreen.jpg

to this!:
ROD_7706.450x675.JPG
:sick:

They are trying way to hard! I'ld rather they be repetitive than present crap like this!

Style.com

i loved their collections a few years ago

but this is just so bad...their worst collection to date.

honestly,i just think it shows the lack of depth and variety they have as designers. to me they exemplify one-trick-pony.

my eyes are bleeding after watching this sh** - please pics go out of my head pleaaaase:sick:

My jaw dropped honestly. It's awwwful. Are their items still crazy expensive? I remember those crazy knit tights from f/w 08 retailing for like 800 dollars or something outlandish like that. This nonsense looks like forever 21 quality no joke.

I find the whole thing really upsetting. It's like when you're at school and you're told 'I know you can do better.' These girls can create exquisite clothing that once upon a time used to excite me more than almost any other label, but now, it's just like they don't know what to do or where to go, let alone who they're dressing anymore.

I think they got a lot of critisism and pressure for them to move on from the spider knitt/ punk ballerina aesthetic they had going on. They did.....and this is how we gradually ended up at this point. Had they evolved organically and at their own pace....we probably wouldn't have such a tacky collection today.

Even though this may not be there best season, I think broken down into separates there is a lot of things that I could a lot of women wearing in the summer

My jaw dropped honestly. It's awwwful. Are their items still crazy expensive? I remember those crazy knit tights from f/w 08 retailing for like 800 dollars or something outlandish like that. This nonsense looks like forever 21 quality no joke.

yes they do. a shirt from the s/s collection retailed for 1490 euros here, and one of the simplest dresses for 4900 and a mini mini skirt for 755 euros. i'd expect this crap to cost pretty much the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->