Roger Vivier

PursePrincess

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there's a thread already about this Designer(Sorry....I did'nt look properly)...But I think He deserves one... He died in 1998...but his legacy Lives on....Although he's not as popular as Louboutin in most part of the world, I looove:heart: his square buckled shoes:heart:..... I think they are just classyB)....I'm waiting for my Roger Vivier purple pumps to arrive next month(Doh:doh:,I live in Asia)....at the mean time...let me give you some eyecandy!!:flower:
Pic Source:www.Bluefly.com

Attachments

• 042406_vivier_01b.jpg
    042406_vivier_01b.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 500
  • 073006_rogervivier_01b.jpg
    073006_rogervivier_01b.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 499
  • Roger-Vivier-Camel-Printed_7A162179.jpg
    Roger-Vivier-Camel-Printed_7A162179.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 496
  • Roger-Vivier-Purple-Patent_AFC4A2CC.jpg
    Roger-Vivier-Purple-Patent_AFC4A2CC.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 494
  • viviershoesbag.jpg
    viviershoesbag.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 497
Last edited by a moderator:
that curved heel is to die for. I absolutely love how it looks!

SJP and her Yellow Roger Vivier pumps.....:heart:,I wish i can get my hands on those!!!:woot:

Dulcisima,Thanks for the karma!!:flower:

Attachments

• BS_sjp_shoes_325.jpg
    BS_sjp_shoes_325.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 37
More Buckled Shoes in Every colour of the Rainbow!!!:heart::heart::heart:

And the Curved Heels?? I heard they make the shoes super Comfy!!!:heart:

Attachments

• vivier-commaheel.jpg
    vivier-commaheel.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 478
  • bellevivier.jpg
    bellevivier.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 474
  • RG 3.jpg
    RG 3.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 475
  • RG 2.jpg
    RG 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 8
  • RG 1.jpg
    RG 1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 8
And The Stilettos and Mules are To Die For As well:heart::heart::heart:

Attachments

• RogerVivierBlackSatinStrappyWide3.jpg
    RogerVivierBlackSatinStrappyWide3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
  • RogerVivierBlackSatinStrappyWide2.jpg
    RogerVivierBlackSatinStrappyWide2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Stil 1.jpg
    Stil 1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 0,3210,13494,00.jpg
    0,3210,13494,00.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 0,3210,13491,00.jpg
    0,3210,13491,00.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
I was too excited posting the shoes i forgot to write pics source....They're from www.shopping.com

Fact I just found:Christian Louboutin worked as Roger Vivier's Assistant back in the 80's......:flower:

Vivier is definitely in the Top5 of my best shoe designers of all time.

purseprincess, please credit all the pictures you posted. It's ashame not to know where they came from.

Mmmmm I thought I did??.....nevermind....They're from bluefly and www.shopping.com's several links:flower:

I adore vintage Vivier! Thanks for starting this thread, PursePrincess. He designed the most beautiful stilleto pumps of all time! :heart: A few examples:

loti.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Those vintage Vivier shoes are tdf! He really made the stiletto heels popular.

I loooove Pilgrim flats, but the boots this lady is wearing... soooo fab too!

17.jpg

credit: dans paris

Roger Vivier Opens on Madison Avenue

Roger Vivier’s chrome-buckle square-toe flats became an international phenomenon in 1967, after the beautiful, disaffected bourgeoise Catherine Deneuve wore them in Luis Buñuel’s Belle de Jour. She wasn’t Vivier’s first celebrity by a long shot; Josephine Baker, Marlene Dietrich, and Queen Elizabeth II wore his shoes, and he’d designed for Yves Saint Laurent and Christian Dior. Then the name became moribund for a few decades, until a gentle brand face-lift was begun in 2000. Saks Fifth Avenue has been carrying a small selection of Vivier, but now there’s a new boutique designed by Vudafieri Partners, with cult French jeweler Herve van der Straeten creating furniture exclusively for the store to complement the footwear (now designed by Italian pro Bruno Frisoni). The trilevel salon is modeled on Vivier’s own home and decorated with Van der Straeten’s lacquered console table, a Picasso sketch, and Napoleonic-era commodes brought over from Paris. Since the space resembles an art gallery more than a shoe boutique, the artfully displayed merchandise almost takes a backseat. Naturally, the classic square-toe buckle flat is still present (from $525)—available in wedge heels or ballet flat—though it has evolved into styles with jeweled detailing and animal prints.

750 Madison Ave., at 65th St., 212-861-5371

6aoskyb.jpg

nymag.com . published 19 July 2007

More Fab Viviers!

photo: style.com

Attachments

• Belle Vivier Satin Pumps.jpg
    Belle Vivier Satin Pumps.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Rose n Roll leather satin.jpg
    Rose n Roll leather satin.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 10
  • Rose n Roll Satin.jpg
    Rose n Roll Satin.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 7
He does the best rosette motif for shoes! I remember seeing a croc pair and it was soooooo beautiful!

I always enjoy Frisoni's designs for Vivier. They're wacky little shoes, but that just makes them so chic. I remember Cate Blanchett wearing those sandals with the big cerise organza rosette in black with her lace McQueen at last years Golden Globes....they were to die for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->