Rohka S/ S 05

runner

Reaction score
01.jpg

02.jpg

I like rohka alot, they always have a very cute look, but with a bit of a 'edge' i guess.

I love the pomp pomp shoes

love it :heart: cept for some of the floral shoes. :wacko:
i like how they accessorized and used makeup though to make the otherwise plain outfits er. cooler >> can't think of a word :blush:
thanks for posting :flower:

absolutely love this...another brand i don't know...any more info>?...
does it sell in the us?...

thx for the topic runner... :flower:

Kind of a "sweet-but-dangerous" look. Not bad.

Originally posted by AlexN@Oct 30 2004, 07:05 PM
"sweet-but-dangerous" look.
[snapback]411911[/snapback]​

i really like that description... :P :flower:

you'e welcome rayncloudx, softgrey

ROHKA is the work of two designers working in Milan.

The idea for the studio was born from a common passion for the research and evolution of fabrics and textile techniques, and from this basis a collection of primarily accessories grew. As ROHKA progressed the collection has expanded carrying this exploration of technique and fabric into the fields of garments and knitwear design for both women and men.

The design team consists of Maria Restrepo and Ian Phin.

Maria is Colombian, and graduated from the Universidad de Los Andes as a lawyer before her interests in fabrics and fashion took her to Paris to study. It was in Paris that she met the designer Romeo Gigli, and from this encounter followed seven years in the studio of Gigli, where she rose to the position of head of women's wear.

Ian is Scottish and graduated from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art in textile design, and then transferred to London to conclude his studies with a MA RCA from the Royal College of Art. His work was spotted by Romeo Gigli who took him to Milan, where he remained in the Gigili studio for six years.

In 1998 they were asked to join the new team at Versace, where they set up a textile investigation and research department, which had never existed before, developing fabrics for both couture and first lines. In the same year, they started expanding ROHKA, as a consultancy studio as well as a fashion line, with clients such as Marni, Joyce, Piazza Sempione, and fabric companies such as John England.

The ROHKA collections continue to grow and a men's wear line was added from summer 2001.

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 30 2004, 06:49 PM
does it sell in the us?...

[snapback]411887[/snapback]​
it's made in Italy and sold in the US, Greece, France, Spain, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, and Italy. (as of Mar. 23, 2004)

Rohka S/S 04 (from Beams)

rohka2.jpg

rohka1.jpg

wow...i really like this...
romeo gigli was always a favorite of mine...so it makes sense that i would like their aesthetic....funny to go from gigli to versace...quite a switch...they must be very versatile...

i can also understand them working with marni...love the giant leaf print shirt and scarf...and the patchwork men's shirts...with all the circles... there is a craft-y aspect to this work that very much appeals to me...

thanks so much runner...i'd love to figure out where it sells in th US so that i may see it in person...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->