Roland Mouret/jonathan Saunders

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
MOURET'S NEW MAN

ROLAND MOURET wanted a little print in his life, and where better to look than the drawing board of London's most exciting man of colour? Having collaborated on the Cruise 2005 collection, Jonathan Saunders is now a firm fixture in the creative hub that is Mouret's Chelsea studio. "I have always been interested in print and I have admired Jonathan's work since I saw his graduation show," says Mouret. "We relate completely to each other's design ethic but express it through different mediums: me through folding and him through colour. I wasn't interested in throwing a few flowers onto the collection - I wanted to do something more art inspired and organic." Having chosen to show his last two collections on the New York catwalk, the British-based French model-turned-designer remains stalwart in his loyalty to the city that made him famous. "It's amazing that two designers can collaborate in this way and London is the one place it can happen," he goes on. "It's where truly creative ideas can collide. The great thing about working with Jonathan is that there is no ego. We both know where we stand with the design. He's part of the Mouret creative family now." (August 11 2004, AM)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patriciadelatercera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->