Roland Mouret quits

i totallu agree tric...
very silly....

:rolleyes:...

so strange , wehn he seems to be begining to do so well. But I guess business is business and it dosn't really work with creative people.

just when i thought i had a really good day today, i have to read something like this......
i'm a HUGE was of his work, always adored every collection he put out there, and now this???? noooooo!!!!!!

and it keeps me thinking of helmut lang and it's like- who's next?? this is very bad for the fashion world, private investors should clearly put their equity somewhere else, this is not the right place for them to be in.....

:shock: :cry:

This is sad but... he's such a respected designer, I'm sure wherever he goes from here will be just as good. Still... :(

this is awful ..............
just awful..............
i feel really bad about this

:unsure: :cry: what a shame.
I'm sure he'll come back with something even greater once he moves on from his current arrangement. He obviously felt as though it was holding him back somewhat.
Will be interesting to see his final collection under Roland Mouret.

It's so sad to see such a talent leaving his name bearing company while rising to be one of the new forces of fashion...dispointing indeed:o

his final collection will be the most anticipated show next season, at least for me.....

liberty33r1b said:
and it keeps me thinking of helmut lang and it's like- who's next?? this is very bad for the fashion world, private investors should clearly put their equity somewhere else, this is not the right place for them to be in.....

so if they do that who provides start up funding for 'indie' design houses? Banks....I don't think so - they'll not take the risk. Thats not an option. Indie designers NEED funding to buy good fabrics, pay decent manufacturers, put on shows, pay marketing people, pay salaries etc.....all of those things are needed to make a globally successful fashion house. In this day & age its niave to think a designer can sell clothes through talent alone. Money makes money .....thats the issue

Last edited by a moderator:
helena said:
so if they do that who provides start up funding for 'indie' design houses? Banks....I don't think so - they'll not take the risk. Thats not an option. Indie designers NEED funding to buy good fabrics, pay decent manufacturers, put on shows, pay marketing people, pay salaries etc.....all of those things are needed to make a globally successful fashion house. In this day & age its niave to think a designer can sell clothes through talent alone. Money makes money .....thats the issue
Sad but true. I was shocked to read about Roland quitting... The only thing is that I don't see how it's beneficial to keep selling under his name as he wasn't yet, as mentioned, an established designer/label.

NOO! I hope he carries on designing, I love and admire his work. it's truly amazing :smile:

:shock:

He's an amazing designer, I hope he can achieve what he wants.

I dont get why he qould quit. It's been baught out but it doesn't mean he cant keep designing for them, does it?

It's always the actors who can sing who aren't a singer; and it's always the talented one who falls out....

^ Well I'm sure he wont quit designing... he just won't be doing it for the Roland Mouret brand.

This is so sad, just because it's happening to what seems to be such a precious man. He seems like such a doll. Really, if the partnership was "love at first sight" you would think she'd just let him keep IN THE VERY LEAST his name. Clearly, it wasn't the same for her (his backer) as it was for him. Thats so sad, and just heartbreaking. I hope he's okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->