Hair: Orlando Pita
Makeup: Charlotte Tillbury

312zm13.jpg
300xwck.jpg

vxc2rp.jpg
2czyl8l.jpg

91gx2x.jpg
25q6td0.jpg

"She's the contemporary woman of today," hairstylist Orlando Pita said, working on behalf of Phyto and T3. "The hair's a little waved and works both for day and evening." Hair was blown out with Phyto Professional Intense Volume Mousse and curled with T3's SinglePass Twirl iron. The loose ringlets turned into sexy, bouncy waves courtesy of Pita and team. They brushed them out and did some back-brushing for extra fluff.

Source: stylebistro.com, realbeauty.com

Cynthia Rowley
Hair: Duffy
Makeup: Lottie

Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+3pJi5E4tfW1l.jpg Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+u--VnyRa5EYl.jpg Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+d0SZmvim-S3l.jpg

Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+8liUmkSAbtCl.jpg Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+OcX4U1q8TaTl.jpg Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+K2Ab6D8ozp8l.jpg

Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+q73PjNWnomZl.jpg Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+nZdEHch76Jyl.jpg Cynthia+Rowley+Fall+2012+Details+ZjfESRI8pm1l.jpg
Whether you were backstage or watching the clothes come down the runway, you couldn't miss the models' very textured hair. Duffy for Amika created the interesting texture using a super skinny curling iron for ringlets and figure eight pin sets for frizz.

"It's not a ponytail; it's not a bun. It's just a texture, and it's a silhouette. Every girl is going to be different," Duffy said. "The clothes are very structured, very graphic and Cynthia wanted something that was going to break that. She didn't want a tight clean 'Fashion Week" ponytail. She wanted something that gave it personality."
Source: stylebistro.com, beautyblitz.com

John Galliano
Hair: Orlando Pita
Makeup: Pat McGrath

John+Galliano+Fall+2012+Details+e5UBK4KzXLYl.jpg John+Galliano+Fall+2012+Details+ue-DP2eVChfl.jpg
John+Galliano+Fall+2012+Details+0-z1urPTauTl.jpg John+Galliano+Fall+2012+Details+Mn5Z-CDWoCyl.jpg John+Galliano+Fall+2012+Backstage+R5GImYex9xYl.jpg
“She’s a mysterious woman caught in the wind" - Orlando Pita
John+Galliano+Fall+2012+Backstage+i1d_5Q2tuQ-l.jpg John+Galliano+Fall+2012+Backstage+MBK48tdpxr5l.jpg John+Galliano+Fall+2012+Backstage+5B48fCFKZ39l.jpg

Source: stylebistro.com, wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Burberry Prorsum
Hair: Neil Moodie
Makeup: Wendy Rowe

Burberry+Prorsum+Fall+2012+Details+wKxyv_3un5Wl.jpg Burberry+Prorsum+Fall+2012+Details+-5sm1awe8nml.jpg

Burberry+Prorsum+Fall+2012+Details+r4PWr51yX0sl.jpg Burberry+Prorsum+Fall+2012+Details+Pv010PhYO8-l.jpg

Burberry+Prorsum+Fall+2012+Details+NbeyWP1HnWMl.jpg Burberry+Prorsum+Fall+2012+Details+qi5BHh0HRBkl.jpg

Beauty at Burberry Prorsum was all about recreating an unassumingly sexy and “worn” look.

For hair, the look was “the three-day old blowdry,” said hairstylist Neil Moodie. Employing Bumble&Bumble products, he made locks flat on top with a “fallen” wave on ends as a result of “her wearing caps and going riding and hiking.”

Marni
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Makeup: Tom Pecheux

marni_063.jpg marni_071.jpg
marni_069.jpg marni_016.jpg
marini-d_067.jpg marini-d_001.jpg

Bangs are back for Fall, and Paul Hanlon’s onboard with their latest resurrection. “It’s very, very Sassoon,” he said, describing the custom-cut, heavy faux fringe that he beveled around the front edges this morning at Marni, to impart a 1960s look. “The clothes are all really graphic and bold, so it’s really a nice change of pace to do something like this,” the stylist divulged of the “retro-ness” of the hairpieces, pointing out that the specific shape he had snipped into the series of clip-on accessories is particularly flattering to womens’ faces. Using Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream to give strands a certain softly textured languidness, Hanlon slicked back a front section to have something to slip the bangs into. “It’s a little geeky, in a way, which I kind of like,” he said of the end result.

Source: vogue.it, style.com's Beauty Counter Blog

Love the hair at J. Mendel. Very effortless and wearable.

Orlando Pita is a genius when it comes to hair.

Get ready for a series of ponies...

Margaret Howell

Margaret+Howell+Fall+2012+Details+ro2x4PRqreql.jpg Margaret+Howell+Fall+2012+Details+gREco5RcxACl.jpg

Calvin Klein
calvin-klein-bs01.JPG Calvin+Klein+Collection+Fall+2012+Details+KRT3MR_qX88l.jpg calvin-klein-bs07.JPG

Chanel
Hair: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Peter Philips
chanel-d_046.jpg chanel-d_004.jpg
“I want an army of Chanel girls,” Sam McKnight proclaimed of the uniformity he was also seeking with the hair, which manifest itself into a series of sleek ponytails. Citing a wealth of collars, McKnight wanted the hair to be up, but found that a chignon was “too madam.” Adding a severity to the style with a coat of shine-enhancing gel, he paraded around the backstage tent that had been erected at the Grand Palais to ensure that his team was gathering strands straight back into the elastic, rather than in an up or down direction. “I hate to use the word equestrian, but it’s got the strictness of a rider,” McKnight said of the precise execution, before doing himself one better and calling the aerodynamic look “the ponytail version of the Nike Swoosh.” He’d better get a copyright on that, stat.

Source: stylebistro.com, vogue.it, wwd.com, style.com's Beauty Counter Blog

BCBG Max Azria
Hair: Neil Moodie
Makeup: Charlotte Willer
BCBG+Max+Azria+Fall+2012+Details+N41asbT08tLl.jpg BCBG+Max+Azria+Fall+2012+Details+TUxOytTMFTul.jpg

At the BCBG Max Azria show Thursday, an ultragroomed look complemented the structured, Forties-inspired collection. Neil Moodie for Bumble and bumble fastened hair into a low ponytail with airy, “post-sex” bangs swept across the forehead. He began by working Bb Thickening spray and Bb Prep through the hair and blow-drying with a round brush. He combed hair into a low side part, and tied back the rest into a ponytail.

Jil Sander

Hair: Guido Palau
Makeup: Peter Philips

Jil+Sander+Fall+2012+Details+b9jarA6-u3Wl.jpgJil+Sander+Fall+2012+Details+ppX9Tlv7_xrl.jpg
Redken creative consultant Guido Palau stayed apace with Philips’ general direction, crafting “the most couture ponytail” he’s done all season. “You get the feeling of a Hitchcock woman,” Palau elaborated, prepping short, side parts and long blunt-cut extensions with Redken Satinwear 02 Ultimate Blow-Dry Lotion before brushing hair backward and pulling it over ears for a hint of fifties-era modesty. “It makes it look very done,” he explained of the technique, spritzing the style with Forceful 23 Strong-Hold Finishing Spray to impart a “lacquered” effect.
Source: stylebistro.com, wwd.com, style.com's Beauty Counter Blog

Nanette Lepore
Hair: Rolando Beauchamp
Makeup: James Kaliardos

Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+ImA3qQhHOW9l.jpg Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+X_2bAqxdXLVl.jpg Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+Zay4a-5mugdl.jpg

Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+B10gmgGi3_Zl.jpg Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+g0voZqlkWXrl.jpg Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+rA6OYTR0mC3l.jpg

Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+tbeQHYWOAdql.jpg Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+pxb07AhwHWil.jpg Nanette+Lepore+Fall+2012+Backstage+ZDiaIQk4ls_l.jpg

Rolando Beauchamp, working with Bumble and bumble at the show, was aiming for a downtown tough-girl feeling for the hair. He prepped the hair with Bumble and bumble Does It All Spray and Bumble’s Thickening Hair Spray. Next came a side part, with one section of hair swooping over the eyes before being pulled back into a ponytail. Beauchamp secured the hair into a high ponytail, teasing the entire ponytail. Next, he flatironed the teasing and brushed it, resulting in a mass of frizz. “I love the movement the frizz makes as the girls head down the runway,” said Beauchamp. “It’s a nice counterpart to the clothes.”

Jason Wu
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Makeup: Diane Kendal

jason-wu_084.jpg jason_wu_b_025.jpg jason_wu_b_007.jpg
jason_wu_b_005.jpgjason_wu_b_002.jpgjason-wu_073.jpg

Odile Gilbert, working with Kérastase at the show, fashioned a slick high ponytail which she termed “strong, but not tough.” She saturated the hair with Kérastase Double Force Control Ultime hair spray and slicked it back, then flatironed it. Next, she gathered the hair into a very high ponytail, securing it not with a hair band but with “bondage tape from a sex shop in Paris.” Gilbert then flatironed the ponytails a second time, sealing split ends with Kérastase’s Fiber Architect.
Source: vogue.it, wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis Basso

Dennis+Basso+Fall+2012+Details+XXzz-batgwRl.jpgDennis+Basso+Fall+2012+Details+MiaRrxZdLRrl.jpgDennis+Basso+Fall+2012+Backstage+XHSzEAZKYPol.jpg

Dennis+Basso+Fall+2012+Backstage+rWlFgb0uA86l.jpgDennis+Basso+Fall+2012+Backstage+P0C9q2yigKfl.jpgDennis+Basso+Fall+2012+Backstage+r-orohmOpW8l.jpg

The back view can be seen in this video of the show:

Source: stylebistro.com

Rochas
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni

rochas_054.jpg rochas_109.jpg rochas_113.jpg

rochas_032.jpg rochas_035.jpg rochas_071.jpg

“It’s all about the textiles,” Wella global creative director Eugene Souleiman confirmed of the backstage beauty inspiration. And Souleiman added another nod to handcraftsmanship with a series of lacquered cinnamon stick barrettes that he bought in Paris specifically for the show. “We found them in the Marais for 50 cents! We bought every last one,” he effused of the street-market find that added a “wooden, organic” element to Zanini’s folk-ceramic influence. Sectioning out a front panel of hair, adding a bit of mousse, and brushing it backward for a semi-sleek effect, Souleiman rolled the lengths under themselves, pinning them down for a touch of volume at the nape of the neck. The remaining side sections were back-combed ever so slightly to maintain the shape of a faux bob before they were gathered together and secured with the barrettes. “She’s rich, but not in a vulgar way, in an artisanal way—like a character in a Bergman movie,” he proposed of Zanini’s muse for the season. “So the hair is soft but it’s definitely been done—by impeccably good hands.” And how.
I love the cinnamon stick barrettes.
That's a five minute DIY project that I plan on doing.
Source: vogue.it, style.com's Beauty Counter Blog

^^ thankfully there are bound to be knock-offs.. in a year or two of course. :lol:

I love how the braid at Simone Rocha looks from behind.. question is, what do you with the resulting hair above? they evidently couldn't figure it out themselves either!

Love the hair at Gucci :heart:.. and the tiny braids at Fendi.. makes me want to try a toned-down (minus tails) version of that.

*eta: awesome chignon at ZP!, the tips remind me of origami.

Thank you so much for starting this, flyme2themoon, it's amazing to see all the creativity from hair stylists (and makeup artists) by season and under the same roof.

I agree that the upside down french braid is pretty - the best way to deal with the hair at the end is to twist it into at top knot in my opinion.

I personally find it incredibly difficult to do on oneself. I frenchbraid my hair (and other braids) my hair relatively frequently. I've tried to do it on myself a couple of times and it never works! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->