When It's Hair, You Can Be Too Thin - NYTimes article on hair loss

can sleeping in curlers damage your hair follicles as well?

hi guys!

argh! I have been going out my hair for about 2 years...but recently, I have noticed that my hair in the front is very thin! lwhen i carefully comb my hair back and tie in a low ponytail...I can see open patches? the rest of my hair is fine, its just the front!

would taking Rogaine aid this? but once I start, can I stop after it has worked?
what else can I do to aid this? thanks in advance for any suggestions! I am very worried! :(

I also started losing hair in earnest, but I think it's because i use too many products (serums, gels, styling creams) and a recent perm. Though it's more hair breakage than the whole hair incl. the roots.

My only concern is my receeding hairline. I'm really getting a V-shaped hairline in the front and want that to disappear already!

RAHHH! is it so annoying hey!!
I think mine has to do with my diet so I am going to start taking iron supplements and see how it goes...

street_a_licious, have you decided on a course of action? haha. we're gonna beat this! :D

Yeah..... I'll cut it all off, use normal shampoo, sans special ingredients, let my hair get all rough and raw again :lol:

Though that means I gotta say good bye to my soft, lucious and wonderfully smelling curls :cry: Or soft hair in general.

Use an anti-breakage, growth-promoting lotion as an overnight treatment in 'white' (non-coarse) hair. If your hair's coarse (of course), you can use it as intended, which is to apply before styling and several times throughout the day. Otherwise your hair will look dipped in oil, but it works well as an overnight treatment, as I've said... Though I can't promise results, since I'm only using it for preventive measures and can't chronicle improvement.

This thread scares me. Does anyone know if using an elastic hair band with a metal bit on it could be thinning my hair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopsfie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->