Sacai F/W 2018 : Kaia Gerber & Jonas Glöer by Craig McDean

I think Jonas' face is missing some tension but Kaia looks good. I really like both of her shots.

The shot and styling on Kaia looks so much like a caricature of fashion, like an ad for some small fashion college. And I can't abide this Jonas guy, so this campaign means not much to me.

McDean used to do such dynamic imagery for this brand. Even the ones with Julia Nobis looked better, which is saying much.

Kaia oversaturation in full force, Im already sick and tired of her. Decent shots tho but I much more prefer their older campaigns.

The shot and styling on Kaia looks so much like a caricature of fashion, like an ad for some small fashion college. And I can't abide this Jonas guy, so this campaign means not much to me.

McDean used to do such dynamic imagery for this brand. Even the ones with Julia Nobis looked better, which is saying much.

High fashion is pretty much at a state of oversaturated caricature at this point, Benn.

All the current, leading tastemakers, Alessandro, Demna, Virgil— all force this cartoony image of the fashion victim. And even the dames of high fashion— Miuccia to Donetalla, are churning out designs and campaigns that resemble the cheapest knock-offs of their signatures, shamelessly pandering to the current dire state of high fashion.

Kaia may resemble some caricature of the overly-serious experiment in fashion-school pretentiousness— I’ll give you that. But she looks good and pulls it off, selling the hell out of that look. Can’t say the same for the twink. He’s so generic, androgynously pretty, he’s literally vapid. Should’ve just cast Kaia for the men’s campaign as well. She’s that strong here.

Kaia looks great, even if we consider the oversaturation. Not here for Jonas....Sacai mens needs an edgier model.

I agree. Jonas is too vanilla for this. He's a boring model in every way, anyway.

Kaia looks good.

Given the strength of the collection and the team behind every Sacai campaign I expected something much stronger. Especially given that Kaia isn't an obvious choice to front Chitose's campaign but she sold it opening the show. She deserved a strong, more high-fashion (image wise) showcase for her talent here.

Who's the art director for all these Sacai campaigns?

Probably the first Sacai campaign that I don't like. They both look trying too hard to look cool.

Kaia's print work is getting much stronger, she's selling the clothes. I usually like Jonas but have to agree with the rest of you, she's outshining him.

I'm not a huge fan of the bland background but I'm curious to see it in person!

i like jonas' image but kaia's not right for the brand. she makes it look like a diesel campaign from a decade ago. or maybe it's the fugly jacket she's wearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->