SAG Awards 2010

She should've worn this to the Globes.

She was the best dressed along with Carey Mulligan (who also should've worn this to the Globes), Drew Barrymore, Diane Kruger, Anna Paquin and some others.

In theory, yes. In reality, we all know it's not true.

And GG wasn't the first event, awards buzz/hype has been building for the past two months or more and Melanie failed to take advantage of all the press events.

I agree, though, it was a huge mistake to try and campaign her in Lead. I don't even understand how you can justify that move. She was incredible, not her performance is DEFINITELY supporting.
Actually, I think her being overlooked has everything to do with the studio not campaigning for her in the supporting actress category, and not with Melanie taking/not taking advantage of press events. If they'd backed her in that category, she'd probably be at all the events and get the attention she deserves. It's a shame because she was fantastic in Inglorious Basterds

The looks this year were so-so - Diane Kruger looks beautiful. I was expecting so much more from Marion this awards season but I'm beginning to suspect she's not going to deliver the amazing looks she gave us in 2008 :(

sorry, but these awards are supposed to be based on talent, not the ability to publicize yourself nor based on your fashion sense. melanie stood out more in the movie. she deserves to be acknowledged more. period.

People can't blame Diane for this. Harvey has been pushing Melanie for Best Actress and that is why she wasn't nominated. Melanie deserves a BSA Oscar nom. She won't win cause Mo'Nique will but she has to get a Oscar nom at least but it's up to Harvey to promote/push for her. He did this for Catherine Zeta Jones for Chicago. They put her in the BA at the GLOBES and she lost so they switched her to BSA and she won the SAG, BAFTA and OSCAR.

Melanie is also French. She does not buy into all the Hollywood BS. Marion didn't didn't either before her win. She deserved the Oscar and she got it.

I'm pretty sure Kyra Sedgwick is wearing a wedding dress, I was looking through the collection on the Vera Wang site only a few days ago
Also Lea Michelle looks a million percent better than the globes, what an improvement - gorgeous dress

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bitter because Melanie Laurent had the best performance of the year and has been completely over-looked.

AGREED! i feel like people dont really appreciate tarantino's work as good. they feel he has in a way directed himself into a corner full of niche movies. in basterds melaine was fantastic.

Really boring award show. I'm glad I took a nap and DVR'd it. Looks like Sandra Bullco will win her Oscar. :yuk: :rolleyes:

Really, you thought it was boring? I didn't.

Love that Sandra won (I'm one of her biggest fans), but it must be a weak year for best actress performances... she was good in The Blind Side, but not Oscar-worthy, IMO. :huh:

Favorites of the night:

Sandra - SO SO SO happy to see her hitting some right notes
Anna - Was a bit cleavage-y but I think we forget that she's young, still!
Kate - She was stunning in this white number - loved the open-back, reminded me of Hilary Swank's purple dress in '06 I believe
Kyra - She just sparkled
Drew - I love these throw-back looks she's been accomplishing with her hair and makeup - right up my alley - and the dress was gorge

And why do we even comment on Meryl? She doesn't care. :flower:

And so happy for Jeff Bridges. :blush:

Nicole Kidman looks absolutely wonderful, finally back to that hair. And kudos to her for skipping the carpet.

My choices:

Nicole Kidman (by far the best of the night)
Kate Hudson
Marion
Carey
Drew Barrymore
Michelle Monaghan

People can't blame Diane for this. Harvey has been pushing Melanie for Best Actress and that is why she wasn't nominated. Melanie deserves a BSA Oscar nom. She won't win cause Mo'Nique will but she has to get a Oscar nom at least but it's up to Harvey to promote/push for her. He did this for Catherine Zeta Jones for Chicago. They put her in the BA at the GLOBES and she lost so they switched her to BSA and she won the SAG, BAFTA and OSCAR.

Melanie is also French. She does not buy into all the Hollywood BS. Marion didn't didn't either before her win. She deserved the Oscar and she got it.

Maybe i'm wrong but i've read she's rehearsing for stage or something,she even canceled a french movie for that...Plus in a french magazine,she said she isn't that interested in Hollywood (same thing Audrey Tautou said),she didn't thought she had to be pushed for the Awards season and was just happy to work with Quentin...

Last edited by a moderator:
People can't blame Diane for this.

No one did.

Exactly. Nobody cared about Marion or her style before she won that Oscar. I rather have a brilliant actress like Mélanie stay true to herself than sell out as a clothes horse (Frida Pinto, anyone? :ninja:).

Why did they photoshop their faces? :ninja: Especially the little girl in Mad Men. How disturbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->