Sail On

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Lena, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

[​IMG]

i love sailing and as the weather is getting warmer i'm also getting ready for the season. for those who share a love for nautical looks, here an artcile from fuk
    (the photo - love the brand new yachting ballerinas- is from the StJames label)

Saint James link

2. Sephora_Socialite

Sephora_Socialite Fierce Flava

I think its cute....I recently bought a white mini with a single black stripe on the bottom and its very sailor girl... ;) I'm pairing it with a vintage coat jacket and just a plain tank and...maybe some shoes similar to those you posted...I think the nautical thing is classy...

I actually bought it for sailing though....spending a weekend next week with my boyfriends parents and all their freaking socialite friends :wacko:

3. oanadobre

oanadobre New Member

I like the trend, but not the two particular samples that wew posted...

4. chocsta

chocsta New Member

I think sailor hats are the cutest things!! Not sure how well they'd fit in in an urban setting though... :lol:

5. Amélie

Amélie New Member

i love sailor/nautical trends...i was hoping they would take off in aus...but they sorta haven't done much...

6. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

sailor pants are interesting...in a cool way.

i had to wear some in a play when i was younger and i like all the buttons.

7. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

I dont like it to much, but i have seen a few cute sailor-ish pieces.

8. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Hmm...I have a vintage pattern for a Middy blouse which I am saving for cosu-play use, I think.

Nautical-inspired clothing can be incredibly smart. I love peacoat-style jackets and coats. I have two slightly different pea-coat type jacket patterns, one being vintage and very mod, with a stand-away collar, and the other being contemporary and much like the peacoats that GAP was selling this past fall.

[​IMG]
    Here is that middy pattern. The trousers are included :ninja: I think I would use a kilt-pleated skirt, instead, if I used it for a cosu-play costume. The other views of the trousers are from the front and show the faux placket with six buttons and soutache braid trim.

9. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

love the trousers asyoulikeit and yes, like loserunit said, they can be very sexy indeed (both on boys & girls)

10. Alliecat

Alliecat New Member

Love the pattern - slightly off topic As you like it - do you buy old patterns on line or just locally? :ninja:

11. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

stripes..love sailor stripes! cuteness :flower:

12. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I mostly get them from yard-sales and thrift-shops, though some of them were ones my Grandma gave me that she had used for stuff for my aunts and my mom, some came from my husband's aunt, some were given to me by a neighbor-lady, and some more came from a friend of mine who cleaned out the attic at her folks' old farmhouse when they moved in to town.

So short answer, I have never bought any patterns online. I have never had the need to; I seem to find plenty locally or have them being given to me by people who have them but don't want them and know I like them.