Saint Laurent F/W 2024.25 : Chloë Sevigny by Juergen Teller

I never understood the hype about this person, in fact I only found out who she was a few years ago... Here in Brazil at least she is a complete unknown. Terrible campaign, like many of her works...
After her brief modelling career, she performed unsimulated oral sex in a mainstream movie in the early 2000s, and the liberal culture consider her edgy and girl boss since then

But I wonder, weren’t options to adapt at least the spirit of the collection through the styling, in a much more practical way?
I think in terms of colours…If they did the collection in twill, silk jersey, chiffon, cachemire and styled it like the runway, made a « runway edit » of the collection, the clients would have been fooled perfectly.

And there were few coats and suits in the show too.
If you read the post-show interviews, Anthony and Bellettini both stated there will be production issue and that the fabric was a nightmare already in studio.
Any kind of ring would cut the fabric apart. They could not sew it bare hands, white gloves only (which seamstresses hate). They messed up thousands of meters just for the show and samples.
I doubt they actually really tried to mass-produce anything from the show, I dont know why they did not even bother to make adaptations too.

If you read the post-show interviews, Anthony and Bellettini both stated there will be production issue and that the fabric was a nightmare already in studio.
Any kind of ring would cut the fabric apart. They could not sew it bare hands, white gloves only (which seamstresses hate). They messed up thousands of meters just for the show and samples.
I doubt they actually really tried to mass-produce anything from the show, I dont know why they did not even bother to make adaptations too.
The irony is that I do not think the show even had the impact they expected.
I feel like the formulatic nature of his work is getting less and less traction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->