Saint Laurent S/S 2019 : The General S/S 2019 Campaign Thread

This brand needs a purge ASAP, especially with Hedi/Celine comeback.

Anthony’s work for SL is like Frida’s work for Gucci. Frida held onto the image Tom Ford created. Anthony held onto the image Hedi created. Now that Hedi is at Celine, SL is soon going to be irrelevant.

In a way I way because is lighter, than the past campaigns, she looks happy and relaxed, I like this for SL, but on the other hand is weird to see a brand with very extravagant shows choosing such simple way to deal with the campaigns. If the clothes were THAT great it could work, but its not the case here.

This is Spring which means resort in fact.
The dress is very Balmain 2008...
In fact, i think that Vaccarello should push YSL more into that direction.

This brand needs a purge ASAP, especially with Hedi/Celine comeback.

They needs to stay like that just to prove how mediocre Hedi is as a womenswear designer.
I know it's an unpopular opinion but i find Vaccarello more talented than him when it comes doing womenswear.

+ Mathilde Henning
imgonline-com-ua-2to1-F18qs2jiH2WJR5.jpg
Elle Canada Dec 2018 Digital Edition via pressreader.com

I do wish they'd try something else with their campaigns but I still like this.

^Aw, thank you for the 'manifesto' reminder... I still have the ones with Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and Daria Werbowy stashed away somewhere!

I have a somewhat weak spot for Anthony Vaccarello's Saint Laurent, so I'm not offended over this campaign as so many others. Yeah, might not be the most adventurous or groundbreaking of campaigns but what's not to love about anything Amber Valletta related?

+ Travis Scott for mens

More of Mathilde Henning

US Harper's Bazaar December 2018/January 2019 & GQ Australia December 2018

I really don't get Travis Scott as the face of Saint Laurent. He is a rapper, a producer and very popular + the Kardashian connection but...He doesn't really wear or embody the YSL aesthetic.
He is shy like Vaccarello but in terms of fashion, it's weird....

I don't get Travis Scott, period. What's it with these rappers screaming from the rooftops about how meta they are, and then proceeding to go for the most plastic women of the planet? Or do they think that makes them more meta? The fact that their girlfriends seems to lack the minimum amount of wit and intellect? Or does it mean that they're maybe not that meta at all? Odd.

I've been seeing these campaigns in magazines for some time, but did know they were new. Says a lot about Vaccarello's direction. And I always swoon over Sims nowadays, but these shots are sleep inducing at best!

+ Travis Scott for mens

More of Mathilde Henning

US Harper's Bazaar December 2018/January 2019 & GQ Australia December 2018

Just a heads up, that's Rebecca Leigh Logendyke.

+ Rebecca for eyewear
1.png
Vogue Russia Digital Edition

+Charlotte Gainsbourg (with some highly questionable hair)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->