Salt Intake

Errm... in my house, my mum cooks with as little salt as she can ... but I'll have to admit that I retain lots of water if I increase the intake ... which I kinda like cuz i dont look as skinny

(the last three posts totally lost me!)

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 7 2004, 07:22 PM
you'll have plenty of time for that when you're in your 70's/80's and all your organs are failing...i say load up on salt, sugar and dairy now because when you get older...pretty much everything is off limits...

that's my philosphy... :woot: :innocent: life is just to short to deprive yourself from something as silly as salt... :lol:
[snapback]324616[/snapback]​

hear hear!

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 11 2004, 10:14 AM
did you also know...that if you're in a restaurant and the food is overly salty that it is a sign that the chef is doing coke...because they often do it to stay up all night and it kills your taste buds so you tend to oversalt everything...

just something i learned from a friend who is a chef .... :innocent:
[snapback]328255[/snapback]​

OMG! :roll: :roll: :roll:

:ninja:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Aug 11 2004, 10:18 AM
Yeah, sure, tell it to the judge.
[snapback]328262[/snapback]​

Salty as charged, eh...

Originally posted by star@Aug 12 2004, 09:47 AM
hear hear!
[snapback]329446[/snapback]​

i just want to salute you and thank you for spelling that right... :clap: :clap: :clap:

i'm so tired of seeing it spelled (here here)...

it's hear hear...like sing it out ...or speak the truth or now you're talking...

not like ..here here pick me... :rolleyes: :lol:

sorry...off topic i know...but i've been holding that one in for awhile now... :ninja: :innocent: :D

For the past week and a half I have been surviving purely on Sunflower seeds and Dr. Pepper...

Then I re-read my posts...I bruise well, my hair is breaking, and my nails are brittle.... maybe it is my diet!

Originally posted by BabyJ@Aug 13 2004, 06:36 PM
For the past week and a half I have been surviving purely on Sunflower seeds and Dr. Pepper...

Then I re-read my posts...I bruise well, my hair is breaking, and my nails are brittle.... maybe it is my diet!
[snapback]330969[/snapback]​

:shock: yes maybe just.......why arent you eating properly?

Acid,

I don't know! I just seem to really enjoy sunflower seeds. In Montreal I can't get the 1lb bag of David Sunflower seeds. Either they sell come cheap crap called Krispy Kernel or tiny stale bags of David. My mom just sent me my shipment of Davids and I'm going nuts!

Also, I'm assuming that maybe PMS had me craving the salt....but not good for when trying to get into my clubbing pants!

ultramarine said:
Errm... in my house, my mum cooks with as little salt as she can ...
Mine too, so I can throw a handful on it. *throws salt over left shoulder*

i guess i dont really know why its bad for you?? I rarely eat processed food or add salt... to anything, plus i sweat a sh*t load so i guess im ok?

I used to be the biggest salt freak when I was younger....I would shake it into my palm and then lick it off. My dad used to joke that he would buy me a salt lick for Christmas :lol: I've been cutting down my salt now.

softgrey said:
:lol: ...BLOATED...but fine... :wink:

Actually if you have ENOUGH water, it gets rid of the bloat too.. if you have a little water the water gets stuck in your cells because of the salt... but if you have more water, the salt is already saturated, and by osmosis goes into this new water which you just pee out anyway, and you end up losing the water AND the salt that was storing up between your cells... which gets rid of the bloat. :P or atleast that's the way I think about it.

I notice that when i have too much salt i bloat, but once i start gulping downt he water the bloat goes away. :D SO now whenever i feel fat i just assume it's water weight, and drinking a bit more water gets rid of most of it. (From my experience anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->