Sandali Caprese

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Step out in Jackie O's golden footsteps
(Filed: 29/06/2004)

Sandali Caprese's exquisite sandals get better with age, says Clare Coulson

Jacqueline Kennedy had a remarkable talent for finding chic things. Her holiday staples - oversized sunglasses, Capri pants and Pucci-print swimwear - have become fashion classics. This summer, another of her great discoveries - handmade Roman sandals from Capri - has arrived on our shores in the form of new label, Sandali Caprese.

After many summers of bringing bagfuls of the sandals back for friends in London, Margherita Gardella, a former fashion editor of Harpers & Queen, moved to Capri and persuaded the second-generation shoe-makers to produce a range for the label she has set up with Stuart Hamon. Until now, the sandals were only available on the island - even Italians had to travel from the mainland to buy them.

The range includes basic styles, such as leather thongs in pale pink, powder blue or gold, as well as versions with ankle ties. There are simple, utterly chic T-bars, which have a single knot for decoration, and a more ethnic sandal. There are also glitzy, yet elegant, metallic flats with neat rows of Swarowski crystals.

Best of all, though, are the gold Roman sandals. They look fabulous with simple peasant skirts or cropped trousers during the day, but are equally good to wear in the evening with a sparkly hippy skirt and a simple T-shirt.

The sandals are exquisitely made, with hand-stitched leather soles that mould to the foot. They get better with age, and the metallic versions eventually lose their glitz, leaving them with a lovely vintage look. What's more, they pack down to nothing, which makes them perfect for holidays.
* Sandali Caprese, from £135, is available at Brown's, South Molton Street, London W1; tel: 020 7514 0000; and from Musa, 31 Holland Street, London W8; 020 7937 6282. Inquiries, tel: 020 7402 5883

i basically live in sandals like these all summer long...i have soooo many pairs...

Last edited by a moderator:
i love this basic thong....

with swarovski chrystals...the toe ring style...

I love those, especially the blue one, where can I get a similar style in the US?

calypso boutiques sell these kinds of styles...they have stores in California... :flower:

the thong is very sexy...no?...there's something very sexual about having something between your toes... there's just a hint of bondage there...

it's like being barefoot...but not... :angel: :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 30 2004, 05:56 PM
the thong is very sexy...no?...there's something very sexual about having something between your toes... there's just a hint of bondage there...
[snapback]318799[/snapback]​

:innocent:

:brows:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 31 2004, 12:56 AM
the thong is very sexy...no

it's like being barefoot...but not... :angel: :innocent:
[snapback]318799[/snapback]​

absolutely, one does feel very barefoot indeed :wink:

I adore them and i've worn them to death, mainly in silver & gold
truth that they look good on perfectly trimmed legs.

even though the are called 'Capris' they look very ancient Greek to me.

Originally posted by brian@Jul 30 2004, 08:01 PM

:brows:
[snapback]318806[/snapback]​

I love that smiley face it cracks me up every time i see it hahahahahahah

you can buy original handmade Capri sandals from this website www.canfora.com.
They do many styles and they ship to Usa; their shop is in Capri, Italy. look some examples of their sandals

thx for the link crazy for dior...

i prefer them more simple myself...all that bling really turns me off...

oh, i want/need the first pair :wub: these would be perfect for me

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 31 2004, 02:04 AM

even though the are called 'Capris' they look very ancient Greek to me.
[snapback]319030[/snapback]​

i agree but southern italy and greece have alot of similarities... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->