Charlotte Olympia

leyla m.

Reaction score
"Hot new footwear label Charlotte Olympia is the brainchild of Cordwainers graduate and London IT girl Charlotte Olympia Dellal. The half-Brazilian, half-English designer is inspired by the glamour of the 40s and 50s and her statement making block color sandals and quirky-cool shoe boots are already a hit with style setters Kate Moss and Sienna Miller."

credit NAP

this is my new favourite from the AW09/10 collection!

Attachments

• DSC08193.JPG
    DSC08193.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 15
some more images

the leopard is the maxine and is of SS09
the other 2 and the one in the above post from AW09/10

Attachments

• DSC06390.jpg
    DSC06390.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Charlotte blue velvet.JPG
    Charlotte blue velvet.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Charlotte wings.JPG
    Charlotte wings.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 6
her shoes have been at NAP for a couple of seasons now (a few pairs were at theoutnet as well). the designs are very creative, yet wearable.

leyla, i'm so glad you started this thread! it's about time charlotte olympia got her own feature thread in the shoe section. i love her platform designs and tend to think of her along the lines of nicholas kirkwood (both brilliant "emerging" designers, but different aesthetic); her non-platform styles are so-so i.m.o.....but her signature platform styles are divine. and yes, very wearable.

i really love this "piano key" style but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

img-thing.jpg

also love this black & white striped platform pump for fall '09:

Picture1.png

(source: charlotteolympia.com)

I've seen them on browns. To be honest, they've never really appealed to me.

Not really that keen on any of her shoes that I've seen so far. I think artistically the first pair in #1 are pretty, but as a pair of shoes they're really not my thing.

Cheryl Cole's been wearing her shoes lately though, she wore both of these pairs:

33980_in_l.jpg
38966_in_l.jpg

Quite like the first pair, really really really dislike the second pair.

i do move the first pair :heart:
and i own the maxine in leopard and think they are fab!

havent seen them on cheryl cole. do you have any pics?

leyla: modeling pix of the leopard maxine please... I adore that shoe!

I was dying to buy these but Brown's sold out in my size and seemed to be the only one to stock it.

"Malice" shoe
charlotte-olympia-leopard1.jpg

avogueidea.wordpress.com

Charlotte also did the shoes for Krystof Strozyna's fw09 collection:

2yooc2w.jpg

screencap from krystofstrozyna.com

Gotta say the Malice and Maxine in leopard both look fantastic.

will try and post modelling pics when i can :smile:

thanks for the pics rosalynn. must say those 2 styles are not my favourite..
the ones for krystofs show look great though!!

The Ophelia ones are OK I think, although two things bug me; the tie around the ankle and the leopard print isn't that great. I quite like the neon piping on it though.

The other pair, the Gretas, I really really dislike. Everything just looks out of proportion.

I'm late but i love the maxine..i saw someone wearing them in fushia and it looked hot, ive been looking all over for them online but cant find them...i know they r spring's but i figured i could still find them..

They've got these wedges in at Net-a-Porter, keep looking at them even though they're so not my style. They strike me as the kind of thing Lily Allen would wear. Can't believe how tall designer shoes are nowadays.

Still not sure about Charlotte Olympia's style, I think they're pretty clumpy and ungainly but I can see the draw - like I say, I'm strangely attracted to those wedges even though I'd never buy/wear them.

Image: Net-a-Porter

Attachments

• 52803_in_l.jpg
    52803_in_l.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 4
rosalynn,
they are BEAUTIFUL on the foot and not clumpy at all.
charlotte was wearing them herself in the showroom and she looked great in them!

I can definitely see the draw of them. I love wedges myself, they're a total guilty pleasure of mine. I have to admit I keep looking at them on Net-a-Porter, maybe I'll crumble and get them, I dunno.

I find it really difficult to guage proportions of shoes/platforms like this, and I'd find it even harder to know what to pair them with without them totally swamping my look and making me look like a Subbuteo player as I'm so petite. I'd love to see some modelling pics of them but couldn't find any on Google.

Did you manage to get any modeling pics of you in yours? :flower:

Sorry for a waffley post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->