Schiaparelli Haute Couture S/S 2016 Paris

Such a disappointment. This house has all the potential in the world...the history is so rich and vivid and chock-full of ideas of both concept and construction.

This twee and cutesy couture is so unappealing and useless. They should have kept Lacroix...who can handle the clever humor of the house because - as he always has been able to - he can make the absurd sublime, therefor avoiding the risk of being "silly," like this collection is. Or they should find a designer who can create a bit more edge and tension for the house to better capture the subversive spirit of its founder and thereby creating something more of a modern incarnation of Schiaparelli. I'm not talking street influenced - but there's and edge and an eroticism that's missing here that's very important to the DNA of the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks gazebo for posting this, I totally enjoyed the show.
House codes aside, I find this collection quite refreshing from most other couture shows this season. The clothes are very well made, wearable and beautiful in general. It is also not as clunky like Valentino or overtly sexy like some Givenchy gowns sometimes can be. Chanel remains the best this season of cos albeit a tad predictable.

The layers of chiffon also created this ethereal effect in movement and wouldn't be possible if it's not for these many layers.
Simply beautiful.

I'm trying to be open-minded about this show. After all, this is Bertrand Guyon's 2nd collection. But something about this feels off; I just can't put my finger on what it is.

And a different hair and make-up scheme definitely would not have been a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->