Semi-shaved hairstyles

I totally agree with you and i really wanna do this haircut.
just imagine what you can do with it, braid it on one side or do a french twist.
I have long and shiny hair and i'm about to leave school, so i just want to get rid of that somehow. just being pretty.

This is so not my style, but I have to admit that on some people this cut looks really good

I used to have this, super short on both sides, short at the back and semi-long at the middle. It was really nice actually, really versatile (I could hide the shaved parts if I wanted to or accentuate them if I wanted to). Now my hair is slowly growing out of it.

Does anyone have any more pics of this style? I think I'm gonna take the plunge next week. I've always had Long, long hair and I just want to add a bit of an 'edge' to it. Need some photographic inspiration!!!

I don't have photos, but I have a small sidecut at the present. It's sort of semi-shaved (1,5 cm long) above the ear from the front to the back. I really like it, cause I can hide it and accentuate it if I want that. The rest of my hair is long.

Pondering whether to cut the other side too, so I'll get a looong mohwak-kind-of thing at the top of my hair.. hm.. Not the typical hairdo in a corporate environment though :D

ooooh Silla that sounds gorgeous!! That's what I was thinking of going for, quite a small section at first to see whether I like it. I know what you mean, it's quite a dramatic cut - but hey it's hair, it grows right?? That's what I'm thinking. I've had long hair my whole life & it's time I stopped being so boring!! I've always worried about work etc. but...it's my head...so I'm gonna do it!! Get your camera out Silla! :rolleyes:

having part of your hair cut quite short is one of those 'indicators' of things that are 'more common among the queer community' while preserving the longer hair and 'feminine' appearance that's more comfortable to you

Heh yeah, I've always known this as a queer femme haircut and I feel a bit sheepish about contemplating it. At home I'm visibly queer through being active in queer community, but currently I'm travelling and I wouldn't mind having some kind of signal (I flag too but sometimes it just doesn't go with my frock).

Also agree on being more interested in things that embody some kind of desired ambience or reference a particular moment or mood than simply being pretty. I have this quote from Miuccia Prada stuck on my dresser at home, it's something like:

I try to introduce something that is wrong, something that is different. Beauty by itself is too easy.

hmm... I shaved the side about a week ago. One of the most "liberating" experiences of my life. I almost wanted to buzz my whole head and most likely will sometime down the line.

After saying I wanted to do this forever I finally took the plunge! I've had one side not totally shaved but super short (clipper cut) on one side for about 2 months now and love it! It's more versatile than I originally thought it would, I can make it look really punk rock, or curl the rest of my hair and make it look really feminine.
The only thing that sucks is that the last time I got a trim she cut way too many weird layers on my 'long' side so now it doesn't look as cute to me it's all choppy :( So I've been trying to grow that out.
Other than that I love it, it's sort of got a tank girl/mad max look to it.

i've had this hairstyle (the one side shaved) for over a year and I still love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->