Sheer tights & hosiery S/S 08

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
Along with all the sheerness and transparency (even in pants) for the summer, we're getting a fresh new twist to the boring and cold opaque tights. Simple, easily torn apart and instantly sexy sheer tights. What do you think of this trend? :heart:

Louis Vuitton S/S 08
style.com

65m.jpg
26m.jpg

Miu Miu S/S 08
style.com

00210m.jpg
00130m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it. Seriously, I was only thinking about this all day. I've never worn them before, but I love, love the look.. and how sophisticated and much more chic it makes the wearer look than when that exact outfit is worn with bare (or bear? sp)-legs.

I think these look great with really short shorts or minis. You really got to work a minimalist and chic ensemble to not end up looking like a cheap hooker.

gah, you beat me to this, Kim! :lol::heart:.
I've been collection pictures of this for several days.. it's definitely one of the strongest trends of the season, even Vogue UK devoted an ed to it..
.. I love the strange appeal of nude tights.. they look so decadent and sexy at the same time, I think. and are a lot less extravagant than the Prada-inspired wave of the last couple of years..

Hiromichi Nakano S/S 08

hiromichinakano1.jpg
hiromichinakano2.jpg

hiromichinakano3.jpg
hiromichinakano4.jpg

[fdib]

and not so sheer but still worth posting I think. -_- :heart:

AF Vandervorst S/S 08

sheer1.jpg
sheer2.jpg

[style]

I think these look great with really short shorts or minis. You really got to work a minimalist and chic ensemble to not end up looking like a cheap hooker.
Really good point, I was going to say something similar. I adore the look but only with an otherwise minimal outfit or else it'll look so tacky. :flower:

LIGHT AND FANTASTIC
Vogue UK Februrary 2008
Photographed by Javier Vallhonrat
Styled by Lucinda Chambers
Model: Suvi Koponen at Supreme.
Scanned by blueJeans.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

i love the beige tights paired with gold shoes at Yurkievitch :crush:

I think it's pretty. When done right it looks so 1940s or pin-up (in a good sexy, not trashy sexy way :wink: ). But when done wrong I feel it will be like others have said, cheap hooker, or even 1990s.:ninja:

What about white tights? Do you think that's a trend? I've seen in editorials for a little while now. And probably runway too but I didn't really think about it before so I don't remember. I think white tights can be cute but difficult not to look like a nurse, an old person wearing medical compression socks, or a little girl. Sheer is more versatile.

love sheer tights, I've been wearing them a bit lately, when dressing up a bit they look so much better than opaque tights

I love the colours but Im not too sure about the knee high skin tone tights, they really remind me of old womens at church or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->