Sheer tights & hosiery S/S 08

Ann Sofie Back S/S 08

http://www.***************/image/2007/W38/091820070921304402.jpg http://www.***************/image/2007/W38/091820070921313170.jpg

http://www.***************/image/2007/W38/091820070921332930.jpg http://www.***************/image/2007/W38/091820070921331312.jpg

elle.com

I Love the sheer tights, but I hate the sheer socks. Lalabelle is right it does look like very old women in church, back in my country they are very common, and fisherwoman also wear them everyday.

The second ones of Ann Sophie back are absolutely awful, they look like prescription tights. Not keen on the others also.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second ones of Ann Sophie back are absolutely awful, they look like prescription tights.

I agree. What is with the kneepads? I just don't seem any good asthetic (sp?) quality in them. It makes me kinda mad because without those kneepads it would have been fine. :hardhead:

Also I think the sexiness of the sheer nude knee highs is because they *do* remind me of granny clothing. But grannies don't show them. You aren't supposed to show the top band. SO when young women are wearing them with the whole thing showing it's kind of like "I don't care" and she is confident that she will look sexy even wearing old lady or old fashioned socks and that confidence is sexy too. Also I think this type of hosiery is like a kind of lingerie so it's almost like showing your bra (which some runways have done) but in a more acceptable way. And also since this type of hosiery has kind been out of style recently it's almost like the whole glove and hat craze, a return to ladylike accessories. That's my perception of it anyway.

hmm..if they are sheer- they are not called tights...
they are pantyhose...hosiery..
or just hose...

and mullet- i don't think anything you posted are tights OR hose...
not sure if i really see the trend...
is it just SHEER HOSIERY?...
:unsure:

I'm curious about the two tone look that appeared in the LV show. Where do you find these, is it one stocking, or two layered?

style.com
41m.jpg
53m.jpg

Also I think the sexiness of the sheer nude knee highs is because they *do* remind me of granny clothing. But grannies don't show them. You aren't supposed to show the top band. SO when young women are wearing them with the whole thing showing it's kind of like "I don't care" and she is confident that she will look sexy even wearing old lady or old fashioned socks and that confidence is sexy too. Also I think this type of hosiery is like a kind of lingerie so it's almost like showing your bra (which some runways have done) but in a more acceptable way. And also since this type of hosiery has kind been out of style recently it's almost like the whole glove and hat craze, a return to ladylike accessories. That's my perception of it anyway.

Well maybe the chic grannies do not show them, but My granny, bless her, does show them, together with all friends. It's a working class thing I guess. They are so associated in my mind with this old ladies and fisherwoman, that is impossible for me to see them otherwise.
I remember sitting with my granny and her friends having a tea when I was a kid and seeing all this ladies with this sheer socks and their dirty knees from scrubbing the floors.

Last edited by a moderator:
someone should post the nina ricci collection. that collection is full of sheer tights!

i love anything sheer this season. :wub: perphaps this trend is more youthful though if the tights are worn in brigth colors, like the blue ones in post #7 i guess its also about what you wear with it as well.

Looks great @ McQueen, Zucca, and YSL esp. Can't say I am mad about it anywhere else, though.

Thanks for the thread Kimkhuu and the extra images, Mullet!

i like this trends when it comes to dark colors like black, blue, green, purple. but when it comes to colors like white, nude etc, i just wanna puke. granny alert!!

The sheer black is appealing to me. Maybe even the nude fishnet knee stocking.

My grandmother wears nude sheer tights all the time. And the people I see with sheer socks are mostly very bad dressed. Only the black tights are ok

I'm liking the sheer pantyhose... still making up my mind on the stockings I like how they look in some looks and not others.

Those lace Alexander McQueen ones are hot though, if someone can pull them off.

I think you've got to have the legs to show them off in those hosiery.

Tights are okay, but it's like they are never out of fashion anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->