Shift & Tent Dresses S/S 07

Reaction score
I am really feeling the retro look of shift dresses. I mentioned in another thread that I saw a Patrick Robinson dress for Target but it was the wrong size. Who else is making retro, 60s inspired shift dresses right now? Thanks!

can you post a picture of one? im not sure what you mean by shift dresses

Everyone is making 60s inspired shift dresses. But I do love the Pucci ones the most

http://www.***************/image/2006/Q4/100220061110449446.jpg http://www.***************/image/2006/Q4/100220061110467281.jpg http://www.***************/image/2006/Q4/100220061111259959.jpg
elle.com

^ the print and shape of the first one is gorgeous!

Gucci s/s 07 featured beautiful shift dresses, + a few of them were cinched at the waist :heart:
I hope these help! (I personally adore the 4th one on Irina <3)

style.com
00150m.jpg
00240m.jpg

00290m.jpg
00310m.jpg

00060m.jpg
00120m.jpg

Thanks for posting! I love the first shift. It reminds me of the Patrick Robinson one I saw at Target. But it wasn't my size. Tant pis.

love them, my sister seems to be wearing quite a few lately amd sometimes mixing them with skinny jeans and sandals

Rodarte Spring 2007

wireimage.com
rodarte.net

Attachments

• photo_mid_def_1755621.jpg
    photo_mid_def_1755621.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 8
  • de.Jpg
    de.Jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 10
love micro tent dresses
i'm wearing them over wide linen trousers

Love that from rodarte.. the flowers make it so romantic <3

I love the dresses paired with shorts gloves. It looks so dainty and classy, though the black gloves are definitely hot and sort of edgy.

yes! I love this dress shape! Shift dress- looser than an A-line right?

love love love them - just made one last night and have enough store-bought in the closet to last a while!

I love this dress shape! Also known as trapeze too I think? I don't want this trend to be overplayed, it's getting pretty close to though :(

^ It already is.. believe me, everyone is going to be wearing them this summer.

But that does not mena that everyone looks good in them! It takes style to really pull them off without it looking like you jst bought it 'off the peg'.

Also, it's impossible to wear if you aren't completely flat chested. You look gigantic if you have the slightest hint of boobage -_-

love micro tent dresses
i'm wearing them over wide linen trousers

love that look! so easy and chic.

imo short tent dresses are a classic... they can be worn so many different ways that it's easy to keep it looking fresh. i'm loving having all of the different options this year + am taking the opportunity to stock up! ^_^

just bought a pretty basic black one by velvet w/ a keyhole opening in back, and plan on living in it all summer, with big turquoise jewelry and little leather thongs on the weekend and flats + a teeny cardigan/jacket for work.

Absolutely love this style. I have quite a few vintage ones in my closet ready for this summer. I also have been buying cotton or jersey versions because it's just more flowy. There is a warning though, and yes if you have boobs, but you might also be asked if you are pregnant by silly people. Because apparently thats all pregnant women wear? But I dont think this is a thin person trend only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MLM1963
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->