Shock! Chanel Does Menswear

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 7th, 2004 - 1:50 pm
Wow! I love the blue coat and the printed grey coat. I wonder why style.com didn't include these pictures on their site.
style.com is too cool for menswear, didn't you know?

If these clothes are for males, dosen't that go against everything Coco stood for? :huh:

well not exactly........chanel already make mens ties and mens fragrances

i was actually speaking to the chanel SA a while ago and she told me that Chanel did some mens knitwear about 17 years ago but that was all they ever did

so i said 'i wish they had menswear, i would buy it' and she told me there was a possibility they would be doing some

et vola! ! im buying the dark grey box jacket and scarf by the way

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 7th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
i'm not impressed... B)
Neither am I. And if you don't mind my saying so,does he really expect people to believe that he's being original by doing this? Puh-leeeze!

Originally posted by Scott+Mar 8th, 2004 - 11:03 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 8th, 2004 - 11:03 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 7th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
i'm not impressed... B)
Neither am I. And if you don't mind my saying so,does he really expect people to believe that he's being original by doing this? Puh-leeeze! [/b][/quote]
ditto

Originally posted by Scott+Mar 8th, 2004 - 11:03 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 8th, 2004 - 11:03 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 7th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
i'm not impressed... B)
Neither am I. And if you don't mind my saying so,does he really expect people to believe that he's being original by doing this? Puh-leeeze! [/b][/quote]
KARL ' Honey , I shrunk the kids ' LAGERFELD just CANNOT stop copying and ingratiating himself with Hedi Slimane .!!! :rolleyes:

Hedi makes his clothes in extra small sizes for women , so what does Karl do ? :blink:

A pink lollipop to whoever answers this question correctly . :P

KIT :innocent:

Originally posted by kit+Mar 8th, 2004 - 10:28 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kit @ Mar 8th, 2004 - 10:28 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Scott@Mar 8th, 2004 - 11:03 am
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@Mar 7th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
i'm not impressed... B)

Neither am I. And if you don't mind my saying so,does he really expect people to believe that he's being original by doing this? Puh-leeeze!
KARL ' Honey , I shrunk the kids ' LAGERFELD just CANNOT stop copying and ingratiating himself with Hedi Slimane .!!! :rolleyes:

Hedi makes his clothes in extra small sizes for women , so what does Karl do ? :blink:

KIT :innocent: [/b][/quote]
Karl copies everybody. I swear he's like a fashion version of Madonna...steals ideas and makes them(as if)his own;to the point where if its beneficial to him...sod all,as long as I'm still recieving the praise and glory because everybody thinks I AM an original.

He can shove it because I am certainly no sucker!

Originally posted by Scott+Mar 8th, 2004 - 2:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 8th, 2004 - 2:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by kit@Mar 8th, 2004 - 10:28 am
Originally posted by Scott@Mar 8th, 2004 - 11:03 am
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@Mar 7th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
i'm not impressed... B)

Karl copies everybody. I swear he's like a fashion version of Madonna...steals ideas and makes them(as if)his own;to the point where if its beneficial to him...sod all,as long as I'm still recieving the praise and glory because everybody thinks I AM an original.

He can shove it because I am certainly no sucker! [/b][/quote]
so true, still i kind of like it, at least jsut becuas I love Coco and I wish she has doen men's.

ONLY Coco and her legacy. Karl used to be a pretty decent designer until he lost all the weight and became a HUGE,pretentious,ego bag. Well,maybe he was before...but at least what he was doing was good.

I wudn't mind if my closet was filled with all this stuff!
When I found out ... my thought were FINALLY!
:woot:

Originally posted by kit@Mar 7th, 2004 - 6:04 pm
I do hope I am NOT putting a spoke in the wheel , but according to FWD , these clothes are ACTUALLy meant for women .

Karl Lagerfeld has done a Yohji and shown some outfits on models of the opposite sex . :wacko:

ok now these don't look like menswear to me!

Originally posted by pennyfei@Mar 9th, 2004 - 4:33 am
chanel for men is like stocking for men!
the same was probhably said when Dior announced menswear

to be honest its about time men can buy AMAZING QUALITY items like chanel, we have armani, but if you cant stand his clothes (like me) then you're pretty much screwed.

obviously most people (women included) cant rock chanel, but their clothes really are a lifetime investment, so definately worth buying

Ok, so besides being a self-indulgent talantless copy-cat, Karl just hit a new low. Here is his approximate quote from i-D interview I read yesterday.

"If Coco walked in this minute into Chanel, I'd say F**k you, it's my business now"

Originally posted by faust@Mar 9th, 2004 - 10:51 am
Ok, so besides being a self-indulgent talantless copy-cat, Karl just hit a new low. Here is his approximate quote from i-D interview I read yesterday.

"If Coco walked in this minute into Chanel, I'd say F**k you, it's my business now"
Could it be that the lack of food has induced Alzheimer's ? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Originally posted by faust@Mar 9th, 2004 - 6:51 pm

:angry: :angry: :boxer: :furious: :order: :dizzy:

:angry: still angry with karla anyway... :cry:

since i had to watch the whole boring Chanel show, i can say.. that
menswear or not, whatever it was that those guys/kids were sporting
was BAD very very bad and wrong on top of bad ....

Karla needs vacations ... he's old enough to retire now, enough :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->