Shopping on eBay

does anyone know how some ebay sellers are able to sell a ton of designer lables in their store. i'm not talking about fakes but legitamate items. do they buy wholesale from designers and are able to sell online. if you know how they can do this please tell me. i'm interested in knowing

I get most of my stuff at clearance sales from discount stores, and Neimans website (they have amazing clearance sales at the end of summer and right after the holidays). I also know girls that just get TONS of clothes and sell the ones they don't end up wearing, a girl I know used to have tons and tons of designer clothes and she would list 20 or more (a week) Alice + Olivia and DVF NWT's dresses and sweaters each week when her husband told her she had to clean out the closets, I don't think she does eBay anymore. I don't think most legitimate designers would sell directly to someone who plans on eBaying their things, but you never know. One of my friends owns a store (actually her parents own it) and she has to sign contracts with the labels saying that she agrees to never eBay anything. She doesn't sell anything super high end, but I assume most labels/designers would want the same kind of agreement with anyone who buys wholesale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay - Located in Turkey -> fake ?

First of all, Hello everyone :flower:
I hope I am posting in the right section and not breaking any rules ^_^

I want to buy some clothes on ebay, preferably brands like armani, gucci, DG, prada, versace, lacoste... As I was searching for stuff, I was surprised how often are clothes located in Turkey... Why Turkey.., Are any of those brands made there ? Never heard about it.
I will post 3 links for example (I know there is an authenticity thread for this, and I will use it later)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ts156-Brand-New...0372292397QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Shirts

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEN-NWT-BRAND-R...70397090093QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans

Prices of those are not so extreme low, so I would even believe it. And if they are fake, I wont be so surprised because the sellers got only 5 or 16 items sold.What do you think ? You can also tell me yay/nay opinion about those clothes together ^^

But there are some auctions which I dont understand. Like this : ( not something I would like to buy, just for example )
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nwt-DOLCE-GABBA...5376656QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Outerwear

Its seems weird to me- DG hoodie for that money, but on the other hand, if it is fake, how could the seller have almost 1000 sold items and rating over 99% ?

I went to Turkey during the summer and the fakes where unbelievable. Just about every shop had some sort of designer fake. Most of them where quiet good, but others would just turn your hand green.
All of the links that you have provided are fake, and terrible ones at that. I always look at the location when purchasing designer items from eBay.

I am sure they sell fakes on streets. Its pretty much the same in Italy. But sell 1000 fakes on ebay and get all positive ratings ? wtf ?

That t-shirt is on this shop too :
http://www.dolcefugo.com/short-sleeve-tee/gucci-men-s-short-sleeve-tee-12/manufacturers_id/5
Do you think its real in the shop and fake on ebay ?

And how can I protect myself from fakes on ebay ? Is buying anywhere else than turkey enough ? What if someone buy a lot of fakes in turkey and then sell them all from UK ? Should I ask about each item in the authenticity thread ? Can people on this forum really help me ? Just from looking on few (often not high resolution) pictures of the item on ebay ?

I have merged your question regarding Turkish items on ebay into the general 'buying on ebay' thread as this is the place to post all ebay-related questions.

Which t-shirt does look like fake to you ? Only the one on ebay or the one on DolceFugo ? Is DolceFugo good shop ? Are all their clothes original ? They are in italy and they r 2-3 times more expensive than ebay, so I guess they are original...

I noticed that the tags are different on dolcefugo and on ebay... is that a proof of fake ?

update:
I asked my good old friend google, and he told me dolcefugo ships from turkey (even though they say they r in italy) and its fake (but the pictures on website should be real).

The ones from dolcefugo look fake, and the items in the pictures look fake as well.
If they are actually real, then the recession must be bad - the quality looks horrific! :lol:

I´m disgusted.... everything is fake :sick:
But I need to buy clothes there. Prices in czech republic are like we are the richest country on the world... Or do you think it is normal to pay 50 dollars for a ecko or quiksilver t-shirt or 350 dollars for this :
http://shopapparel.lacoste.com/p/LS...02CT39KU/?intid=item_09252009_catalog_09H_09Y
Dumbest country ever :innocent: You can buy 4 of this sweaters for average czech month wage :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to buy clothes from where? dolcefugo?

Okay I see. My advice would be to check feedback, location and take second looks at the listings. Good luck :flower:

back from a long trip i need to do some shopping, has anyone found anything amazing on ebay in a while.

does anyone know of any good ebay stores that sell mens vintage clothing? all the ones i find have a good selection for womens but a not so good one for mens....

I just won MMM for H&M leggings! I'm disproportionately excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->