Chanel clothes on Ebay

Caffeine

Reaction score
I searched previous threads but none showed up...please let me know if the moderator thinks that it belongs to other thread:flower:

When the retail Chanel price goes up so quickly, now i'm looking at Ebay for better bargains. It's not only about authenticating the jackets on ebay but also about the distinct details on Chanel jackets that make them different from the Zara knock offs. of course i want to discuss the authenticity of the items, but also i hope to learn new things about them...i know we have quite a few Chanel owners here...Grill, pucci, etc. i'd love to see your posts :flower:

we all know that the chain on the bottom hem makes a jacket fall better on a female body...but is it possible for some to fake the chain? most of the Chanel jackets on ebay have the chains and that makes me wonder if they are all real or not...any thoughts?

Ok I'm not a woman but I've bought Chanel at ebay so I'll try to do my best to help you.
First, there's a bunch of legit sellers on ebay (and they sell a lot of Chanel jackets/accessoires). Of course, their price aren't cheap, but concerning Chanel, I definitely believe you won't be able to find something really cheap (at least concerning the recent/new pieces).
Chanel buttons are (almost?) always branded - Karla loves logos. The chains are also present (I believe that yes, it can be faked). The tag is always the same, with a very detailed description of the fabrics.
Sometimes the silk is monogrammed (at least I've seen a jacket with some pale pink "CC"s on it.) but most of the time it's plain white/black.
That's all I'm afraid :(

Last edited by a moderator:
^thank you!I saw two kinds of lables. Chanel and Chanel Boutique. Is Chanel Boutique also authentic or it's just the lable they used long time ago? also do all suits have labels indicating which season it's from?

hmm, we have some chanel from the 90s and the label says CHANEL BOUTIQUE

I'll add that old Chanel pieces (probably pre-Lagerfeld, and hence pre-CC logo) have a wide plain white tag with "CHANEL" in big letters written on it. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to find these collector pieces on ebay, who knows?

for instance:
this one looks like something from 1990s. real deal? (i think so...but not100% sure since i don't own any Chanel from 1990s).
or this:

i want a Chanel tweed jacket or denim but I'm a guy. i dont know what i'd look for because women's shoulders are so smaller than mine. :(

If it's too cheap then it's problaby fake.. get a seller with loads of jackets up and quite a high price, with a return policy.. and take it to cahnel to autenticate it.

If you are unsre it's just not worth it.
Also, the second looks fake, chanel never made buttons stating 'chanel paris' and look how cheap it went!

I've bought two items on ebay that are chanel from the 90's and I'm pretty sure they're authentic. I bought a pair or shoes I don't know how to describe them I guess 'man shoes' they're cream and patent leather. It sounds pretty horrendous but I adore them lol. And a corseted high waisted skirt and that has the chanel boutique label.

you can always tell what season an item is from the tag.

p for instance from printemps and then the last digits of the date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->