Sigrid Agren

Tory Burch Lookbook 2015

source: toryburch.com
Also a little interview with Sigrid, again on toryburch website:

It also says she "rose to prominence durin' the Elite Model Look in '06"
So, EML was a competition for 9 year olds...:rolleyes:

It got changed now and all the weird stuff is gone. :smile: Only: is she really related to Charlotte di Calypso? Sounds weird to me since I thought Sigird's father was Swedish...

It got changed now and all the weird stuff is gone. :smile: Only: is she really related to Charlotte di Calypso? Sounds weird to me since I thought Sigird's father was Swedish...
I don't think so. She, Constance & Charlotte have participated together in Elite Model Look, Charlotte was the winner and they are good friends since the contest. Maybe is just a coincidence

Does anyone know if she's still modeling? She completely vanished for practically all of 2015. I miss her :(

I think she is going to school in New York (Columbia?), based on her Instagram.

Chanel "Chance Eau Tendre" 2016 by Jean-Paul Goude

New images for the Chanel campaign !

7 years after my first Chance campaign, so blessed and honored to still be holding this beautiful bottle, which couldn't have brought me more luck! thank you to my Chanel family

instagram/sigridagren

Sigrid Agren on the Journey From Chanel’s Catwalk to Columbia’s Campus

By JANELLE OKWODU for vogue.com
Oct. 13, 2016

Sigrid Agren’s face is familiar to anyone who loves fashion. As a model, Agren hit every milestone, from working with the best photographers to serving as the face of major luxury brands like Chanel and Prada. With several years’ worth of campaigns and covers, Agren is one of the industry’s elite, which made it all the more surprising when last year she took a major step back. She enrolled in Columbia University’s School of General Studies and is now focusing on the next phase of her career. “I believe that life is made of cycles and that sometimes we need to change things up and reinvent ourselves in order to evolve,” writes Agren, emailing from India. “New challenges and experiences allow us to keep growing on a personal level.”

In between term papers and tests, Agren has also found time to pick up a brand-new passion—photography. “With our attention spans ever-decreasing, I think that pictures are the most effective way to touch an audience,” says Agren. “Evolving in fashion has made me realize the power of images. I am still amazed by how much expresses itself through a picture. I love writing, but sometimes pictures talk for themselves.” As she documents her adventures on her blog, Exploring Other Ways, Agren gives her readers a glimpse into the nomadic life of a seasoned sightseer. Sharing her inner world with an audience took some getting used to. “It was at first quite scary to reveal so much of myself. Although my modeling career has put me in the spotlight, it is the first time that I feel like I’ve fully exposed myself through my writing [which has been] challenging but worth it,” says Agren, who has been struck by the enthusiastic reaction from fans. “I love getting emails and comments from people supporting me and expressing interest in this project, and also sharing their stories.”

In many ways modeling prepared Agren for the latest chapter of her life, as it informed both her love of travel and appreciation for new perspectives. “What I love about fashion is that there is no right or wrong, but lots of different ways to create and express yourself—in my opinion that is the beauty of this industry,” says Agren, who credits the experiences working in front of the camera with helping to give her an unbiased take on each place she visits. “When I travel, I look at other cultures without judgment, without asking myself if it is right or wrong. I realize that they are just different ways of seeing and experiencing life, none being more legitimate than another.”

Documenting street art in Malacca, trips down the Ganges, or backpacking through Delhi, Agren focuses on the journey rather than the destination. A recent trip home to Martinique proved stimulating as did time spent in Varanasi. “Despite being the busiest and craziest city I visited so far, there I also experienced the most extraordinary moment of serenity and tranquility as I was cruising along the Ganges at sunrise,” she recalls. As she traverses the globe, Agren hopes that her voyage might inspire others to take the road less traveled. “I started modeling at 16, and therefore quite early my life took a ‘nontraditional’ turn. I studied on my own for two years to finish high school while modeling, worked full-time for five years, went back to studying, and now I am traveling,” says Agren. “I love creating my own path through life. Sometimes it is scary not to follow any defined path, but to me that is what freedom is about. Not fearing the unknown and daring to take risks. Not listening to others’ opinions but only doing what you want to do. That’s the message I would like to spread.”

vogue

This is her blog if you are interested: exploringotherways.com

Vogue Italia January 2012

The Collections on IVC 2012

thestylewatcher.wordpress.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back