Skincare Products For Men? Questions, recommendations and favorites

Incroyable said:
Best is relative.

Some absolutely swear by the cult Creme de la Mer. Others may be inclined towards Sisley's Ecological Compound or perhaps Shiseido.

What is your skin type?
this is true, the best way is to get a bunch of samples (either by contacting the companies directly or going to sephora/nordstroms/etc. and talking to the reps and acting totally clueless about mens skin care. they'll shower you with some samples (or you can just ask- since its a considerable jump in price from drugstore stuff... though if you calculate it out per oz. its not that much more or sometimes even cheaper).

cetaphil is a good drugstore brand. lots of dermatologists recommend it- their face wash is pretty gentle too.

Men's skincare recommendations!

I'm looking for good skincare products for my boyfriend, he is 28 and he has normal/combo skin.
any recommendations for a good:
cleanser/face wash
moisturizer
eyecream
exfoliator
sunblock

Thank you :flower:

Cleanser....... T pur- biotherm
Moisturiser.....T-put- biotherm
eye cream......none
exfoliator......for face just use a twice weekly mask or something...and for body use a salt scrub from origins
sunblock.......kiehls spf25

We already have several threads regarding this topic, please refer to the search engine before you post a new topic :kiss:

Incroyable said:
It really depends on skin type.

Normal skin may not require a moisturizer but does need an spf item.

Although I have no experience with Cetaphil.
I need a moisturizer cause I live in NY and it is cold... If I don't use it my skin will be shot year round...

Can someone recommend a good facial exfoliator (mask or scrub) for men?

And perhaps a toner too.

ellonasty said:
Can someone recommend a good facial exfoliator (mask or scrub) for men?

And perhaps a toner too.

bf uses Biotherm Homme, they have a good exfoliator (can remember the exact name) that I use sometimes too :innocent:

finely I obtain
LANCOME
RENERGIE
soin double performance

anti rides
et fermete

creme satinee
visage et cou
anti wrinkle and firming treatment

what is your evaluation

is this suitable for men's skin

it is what I can afford

I buy it from a grey market

a stolen items...
10 euro for 50ml
whimsicalist is same fashionsophist

Have you note this backstage fotos from 2005 S/S milan collection how much make up on faces they used

can someone recognize which this implements are?

Does anyone have a cheaper/natural remedy for the eyes, I mean so they don't look wrinkled or puffy?

Does anyone have a cheaper/natural remedy for the eyes, I mean so they don't look wrinkled or puffy?

As someone who has virtually no money to spend on anything that's not food or rent, lol, I second that.

Some common stuff that I've heard:
Preparation H
Tea bags with caffeine (this is the only one I've actually tried...it doesn't work all that well but considering it'll probably set you back a whole 8 cents you could give it a try...it didn't make much of a difference for me)
frozen spoons

others?

Thanks for the tips...actually I tried frozen spoons ones and my eyes felt great for 5 min. only :-/

At the risk of repeating myself..
I can't stress this enough, IMO Clinique (for men) is as expensive as it is good.

What I've stuck to is Shiseido Men's Cleansing Foam, Chanel's Age Delay serum and lotion/creme/night creme. For exfoliation, Estee Lauder's Micro-d. Works for me.

Estee Lauder's Idealist and Advanced Night Repair give me milia it seems. Weird.

my bf doesn't like to apply any thing on his face, but i force him to use

Alpha Hydrox Extra Strength AHA Oil-Free Formula, 10% AHA Facial Treatment
(this is a really amazing product, i use it first, i dun have blackhead at all, so i cant find any different, but it really clears my scar. when i use it on my bf, after 2 weeks, his blackheads clear a lot)

then Alpha Hydrox Retinol Night ResQ Anti-wrinklw firming Complex (it works very well on acne)

SK II refined treatment (BHA)( a very good night cream)

finally N.V. Perricone Acne treatment (this is the only product that my bf loves)

good afternoon everyone. . .

i noticed the Zirh line at a store the other day, but had never heard of it before, so i thought i would look into it first. glad to hear so many people who seem to enjoy it.

i personally use alot of products from Kiehls and Aveda. i'll try the Shiseido and Zirh products and see how they work for me.

I'm really surprised that noone had mentioned Aveda though. I really like their products.

i think you won't be dissapointed with shiseido men. i still think their cleanser is the best and the moisturizing lotion (liquid form) is really nice. it moisturizes without rendering your skin oily. the scrub is great too, really refreshing but might be too harsh for sensitive/dry skin.
http://www.shiseido.co.jp/e/men/html/index.htm

another item i recently fell in love with is the neutrogena acne mark fading peel. they're priced at around $15 for a tube and they work as well as they claim to be. i used it 3x a week when i just go it, but now that my face really has no problems, i just use it once a week. at first i didn't really notice it, but my friend, who i haven't since in the 2 weeks after i start using the peel, noticed it.
http://www.neutrogena.com/advancedsolutions/product_acnepeel.asp

on the other hand, what i've been dissapointed is biotherm detox yeux. i really think that cream does nothing for my dark circles. and i did do all those drink more (water) & eat healthier thing.

Shiseido Men's Cleansing Foam & scrubs are the best...so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->