Skincare Products For Men? Questions, recommendations and favorites

Whats wrong with cetaphil?
It's very stripping to the skin. Very drying, doesnt cleanse but removes lipids (essential to the skin's proper pH) and causes comedones (blackheads) and disrupts skin's balance.

yourbestfriend, you should try Clarins, you too, Danish. Some people complain about their fragrances in products, but their Gentle Foaming Cleanser for all skin types or the one for dry/sensitive is pretty much aroma free as is their Gentle Exfoliating Refiner...go see about these at a counter. Get samples if they have them, or make your own by bringing your own containers to the counter. :lol:

Has anyone tried the cake shaving creams that you apply with a brush. Such as Art of Shaving?

I heard that using the brush softens the hair follicles and exfoliates at the same time so you get a smoother, closer shave. Im curious about it and might try it.

I even had a dream about it last night..that I bought the cake and brush.

^I didn't try it myself, but a friend of mine did. He said that he doesn't have that burn nomore after shaving and his skin feels better.

Ok, well, here's my question. I couldn't find a facial hair topic, so I post it here. I've been wanting a little beard for a long while now, like i.e. John Legend has. Now, I have let my beard grow for a couple of days, but the only thing I got were really ugly thin black hairs. I was wondering, if I'd start trimming, would my beard eventually grow thicker? Or am I just too young?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running out of alot of my current Caudalie products right now. Im thinking about mixing it up.

There are some of the things I use that I love ....like the firming serum.

Im wondering if I want to try a new night cream. Any recommendations???

What I want to keep from Caudalie:
Beauty Elixir
Day Cream
Eye and Lip firming serum
Lifting Serum

What I need to purchase:
cleanser - Im looking into a glycolic/saliciyic foaming cleanser
eye cream for night
masks - Im looking at two of the REN masks
night cream - I dont know if I care that much for the Caudalie one

Have you ever tried MD Forte Ianastar? They have three glycolic cleansers. I've never used them, but it comes to mind. I wish Natura Bisse would make a glycolic cleanser, they do have an AHA cleansing gel. Jan Marini Skin Research has a glycolic cleansing gel too.

Eye cream for night~I know $275 for eye so much but I love the La Prairie Luxe Caviar Eye Cream. Also the Sensai from Kanebo and Guerlain's Midnight Secret for eyes.

Ive only ever used the MD Forte glycolics.

What about the
Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser??

i heard marvellous things about Kanebo.... from my mum. and HK socialites. and those overdressed women from China.

what those people might not realize is that asian skin doesn't even need all that extra care. our skin (asian skin) is supposed to look young til we hit the 50's. it's only from then on that it goes downhill on a 180° slope.

I love Kanebo. I do have a fondness for skincare lines from Asia, like Kanebo and SK-II. I had some Asian clients (before I moved to CA from WA state) who I just adore. They never break appointments and will always buy something. That makes me sound like a greedy c*nt but I'm not.

thanks for the info^^ i was wondering which kenabo products you guys heard works the best,

i am interested in the sensai eye countour cream and the quick radiance, which ones have you heard work the best?

thanks so much!

i heard marvellous things about Kanebo.... from my mum. and HK socialites. and those overdressed women from China.

what those people might not realize is that asian skin doesn't even need all that extra care. our skin (asian skin) is supposed to look young til we hit the 50's. it's only from then on that it goes downhill on a 180° slope.

lol that last part is so true.

I've been using Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser and two step Exfoliator for the last few weeks and although my skin feels cleaner it seems to be more sensitive and prone to break outs. I'm not sure what is causing this, but I'm assuming that this product isn't right for me....

Does anyone know the reasons for why this is happening? Are there any other recommendations for products?

How much are you exfoliating? Sometimes over exfoliating can lead to your skin breaking out more.

I've been using Baxter of California for three weeks and here's my verdict. Outstanding! Price is great for what it is. The cleanser is effective and let's say you forgot the moisturizer, no worries, it doesn't overly dry your skin. The moisturizer however is wonderful. A little goes a long way and it absorbs quickly without shine. Tiny problem though. Out of the bottle the moisturizer has a peculiar smell. But it dissipates as soon as you rub it in so as long as you don't mind it for a split second, not a biggie.

The major news is that I'm so impressed with the line's Super Close Shave Formula, my years of using Kiehl's Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream have probably ended. :o

As for other stuff, I'm using Apivita Propoline lip balm. Notwithstanding the fact it's pricey (7 damn dollars) and it's shaped like lipstick, I say thumbs up.

I can't believe I just found this thread now... Anyways

I've been on the hunt for the perfect daily moisturizer but I've found many men's products too rough and have been using sampling unisex products (My last moisturizer was Kiehl's ultra facial, but I found that too heavy.)

My skin is quite sensitive, and I'm just looking for a clean, simple product line. I do like Kiehl's, but their facial fuel line is too intense for my skin. Any product suggestions would be appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->