moisturizers with spf

goregeous

Reaction score
Since summer is around the corner (sort of :P) and I'm always looking for ways to downsize my skin care and makeup bag I've decided to purchase a moisturizer with spf instead of combining 2 products.
Do any of you have any suggestions for a good product? I'd really prefer spf 30 as I'm very fair and prone to burning. Some of the ones I'm considering are:
Olay complete defense daily uv30
Lancome beinfait multi vital spf30
Aveeno positively radiant spf30
Have any of you used any of these products or have suggestions for something that works well? Any help would be really appreciated.

I've tried the Olay and Lancome. I think they're both pretty good. With Olay though, I felt it wasn't rich enough with just a dab and I had to keep re-applying whenever my skin got dry form the cold.
I just recently tried Proactiv Sheer Tint Moisturizer. It's a tinted moisturizer with SPF 15. And it comes in a couple of colors like sunlight and suntan to help even out the skin and hide any darkspots. Plus it moisturizes and provides sunlight protection. I tried it for a couple of weeks, and I actually really like. I don't use the main 3-way Proactiv solution thing though. I feel this moisturizer is good enough.
:flower:

Hi

Believe it or not, mary kay carries a moisturizer that is 25-30 spf, It is really good, surprisingly. I had used olay for years, but kept getting calcium deposit from over mositurizing, and they hurt the minute i stopped and switched to mary kay. my skin looks so good and is very soft. I can send a free sample if you like, let me know what you think. please advise.

have a good day!

I really disliked the Aveeno positively radiant spf30, the smell was quite off and it felt very greasy all day. I really like the one I've had for a couple months, but it might be a bit too low of a SPF for you. If you would like to try it it's by 100% Pure, called Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration SPF 20. Very nice texture and great ingredients.

I've been using olay complete for sensitive skin with spf 15 for about a year now. I really like it because its light, oil-free, doesn't clog pores and it contains zinc oxide! The only thing I don't like is that it takes a while for it to sink into my skin.
I'm going to dominican republic in april and the sun there is reaaally strong. Last time I was there, I got burned on the first day. so Im looking for a good moisturizer with more protection. any suggestions?

^ I used to use that one too :smile: I'm not sure why I stopped, guess I was just seeing what else was out there. If you like olay they do have one that has spf30 in it, that's been the one I'm leaning on buying, I just want to see what other people suggest before I buy.

I've used Simple Daily Radiance with SPF10 before,which was good but I imagine with such a low SPF it's better suited for winter months

i think it's been discussed already that SPF over 30 isnt of much use.

for guys: i'm using Clinique For Men's M Protect, daily oil free moisturizer with SPF 21. lord knows why it HAD to be 21. but i think 21 is pretty okay for a daily SPF.

I use For Goodness Face Antioxidant Skin Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 by mark. You can get it through Avon.com.

Neutrogena has a daily moisturizer that is SPF 45....its amazing. Very moisturizing and not too greasy. Unlike other moisturizers with high SPF, it goes on very smooth, much like a normal moisturizer.

I have Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30 and it is quite heavy but if you spread it out evenly it will feel nice and your skin will feel protected.

My all-time favorite daily moisturizer is Eucerin SPF 30. Light, easy, and no scent. I always wear it under my make-up. LOVE IT!

yeah I've also heard/read that over 30 spf is not much use (not useless) but I can't help myself :lol: I also have the neutrogena moisturizer with spf 45 and though I've only used it once, I agree it goes on well. it's not as moisturizing as I would like, but it works. Does anyone know if the efficacy of spf goes down with a combined moisturizer? I just worry that it's not as good as putting sunscreen on my face....

^there have been some studies that conclude that you need to use a seperate sunscreen as those in moisturizers aren't efficient. But I only have an article in Danish :(

So when did it say you should apply the sunscreen? Before moisturiser or after?

are there any body lotions/moisturizers for body that carry SPF?

I use Olay complete moisture cream w. uv defense for sensitive skin on my face and i love it!
It's great for dry skin, it gives a beautiful glow and it's spf 15. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->