Sofia Coppola

Ok, so I just finished watching her short she did with her father, Life Without Zoe, from New York Stories. It was really really bad. Like terrible. BUT. The way she styled the clothing (Chanel everywhere) was somewhat interesting. It's basically the way she dressed when she was a teenager. I will try to get some decent caps of some of the scenes.

Basically, the short is based on her life (the mom is away "finding herself" abroad, the little girl adores her father who is away working, she lives a charmed life in a hotel in nyc alone throwing parties with her friends where they drink strawberry daiquiries and read Paris Vogue).

Never heard of it, so wanna see it! :woot:

I would love to go to the Coppola winery!

I visited the winery in the autumn years ago and now still keep the winery logo glasses (used in the tasting). I am not a fan of their wines, but the winery is one of the most beautiful ones in the region.

Here are the screencaps I promised from New York Stories. They aren't great quality as the movie wasn't great quality, so I had crop and resize a few of them. Hope this gives you all a feel of the movie's costuming and set, the plot though is unimportant for our purposes :P

(all screengraps mine)

ps sorry about the sloppy screen grab!

Second bunch...

*I meant "screencaps by me" above.

Last edited by a moderator:
From style.com :

Sofia Coppola’s Scented Muse
Salacious makeout scenes and girl fights aren’t the only things you should tune in for on tonight’s episode of Gossip Girl: The CW show will also host the debut of Sofia Coppola’s new commercial for Miss Dior Cherie, the luxury brand’s classic couture scent designed for the slightly younger crowd. Marking the director’s first-ever collaboration with the French house, Coppola’s um, cinemercial features model Maryna Linchuk (who also stars in the fragrance’s print campaign) during a playful romp through the streets of Paris and an impromptu fitting at the Dior atelier, all set to Brigitte Bardot’s, “Moi, Je Joue.” Much like the fragrance itself, the whole thing reeks of strawberry leaves, violet, and pink jasmine. (Success).

I didn't find the video on Youtube. Has anybody seen it???

^Yes, I saw it last night during Gossip Girl. I really didn't notice anything remarkable about it.

Behind the scene of Dior commercial
scan59wk9.jpg

fashionologie

Thanks reckoner!

The song in the ad is pretty awful. Can't wait to see the commercial though.

I saw the commercial last night during GG as well. It reminds me a little bit of the movie The Red Balloon. I also like the color tone, cheerful and fresh.

^oh lord, that intro music is just awful ("zoe, deliver her; zoe consider her", lol what does that even mean??) but it was stuck in my head days after I watched it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cherriesheep
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->