Solange Wilvert

omg, they showed a face for their fall 2005 campaign?

she looks good :smile: although they could have made her look much better...

I love it!

A classic label using a classic beauty!
Solange looks just great!

Nader said:
omg, they showed a face for their fall 2005 campaign?

she looks good :smile: although they could have made her look much better...

yeah. it just doesn't seem to look like her....but the pic's still gorgeous!! I love that blue!!

Meh, though she looks beautiful, I still think the Gucci ad could have been a lot better.

That's some very nice photography and styling in the Gucci ad - and the dress is to die for. Solange looks very beautiful. She reminds me a bit of Sharon Tate there - very beautiful but perhaps a little soulless, at least in her expression.

iluvjeisa said:
That's some very nice photography and styling in the Gucci ad - and the dress is to die for. Solange looks very beautiful. She reminds me a bit of Sharon Tate there - very beautiful but perhaps a little soulless, at least in her expression.

Solange is capable of looking beautiful, but she ain't no Sharon Tate! For one thing, she doesn't have Tate's legendary doe-eyes; they're smaller, and lack depth. In fact, all of Solange's features are on the small/dainty side, and that's ultimately a minus in my book. Tate's face was more spare and angular--maybe a bit TOO angular in some areas (like the jaw).

All I can say after I saw that last picture is that "Thank God, she's nopt getting robbed."

Stupid non-facial shots.

iluvjeisa said:

i never realized that! she does look a little like sharon tate
5094.jpg

That ad is gorgeous, but it can be better like some people said. Just a tiny tiny bit lacklustre thats all, but still captivating.

AshtonK said:
Solange is capable of looking beautiful, but she ain't no Sharon Tate! For one thing, she doesn't have Tate's legendary doe-eyes; they're smaller, and lack depth. In fact, all of Solange's features are on the small/dainty side, and that's ultimately a minus in my book. Tate's face was more spare and angular--maybe a bit TOO angular in some areas (like the jaw).

Well, I was talking more about her expression and the styling - the hair, the 60s stare and the lips. She has some vague similarities to Sharon too - like about the same distances between features in the face. But she does have different eyes, even though I can't remember seeing too many images of Sharon with the eye-enlargening 60s kohl and enormous fake eyelashes off, and everything else (esp the jaw) is smaller. I guess her general facial shape is more similar to Audrey Marnay, really, except again her eyes aren't as big.

This ad is far far better than those REALLY lacklustre ads w Natasha Poly last season (did that kill her carreer?) and also, IMO, better than Daria's FW04 campaign too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proud of Solange

As a very humble Brazilian girl who was picking vegetables in a poor farm with her family no so long ago she is doing great.
Gucci girl now... wow.

pamela said:
As a very humble Brazilian girl who was picking vegetables in a poor farm with her family no so long ago she is doing great.
aww i'm happy for her for doing so well :woot:
Solange for Gucci f/w 05 campaign :flower:
gucci9cd.jpg

iluvjeisa said:
Well, I was talking more about her expression and the styling - the hair, the 60s stare and the lips. She has some vague similarities to Sharon too - like about the same distances between features in the face. But she does have different eyes, even though I can't remember seeing too many images of Sharon with the eye-enlargening 60s kohl and enormous fake eyelashes off, and everything else (esp the jaw) is smaller. I guess her general facial shape is more similar to Audrey Marnay, really, except again her eyes aren't as big.

This ad is far far better than those REALLY lacklustre ads w Natasha Poly last season (did that kill her carreer?) and also, IMO, better than Daria's FW04 campaign too.

Agreed on how these ads are a huge improvement from last season's. Maybe it's just my extreme distaste for Poly in general that's speaking, but damn, did that campaign bite the big one. I'm not sure how Solange's ad fares in comparison to Daria's; all I know is that GUCCI's ads have lost a lot of their edge in recent time. Remember those "voyeurism" ads a few years back? Creepy, but totally fascinating nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->