Spears defends baby car photos

When I first skimmed the story, I thought she was in the passenger seat, holding the baby while someone else drove. Deeply moronic in a car with air bags - any car, really, but I did cut her a teensy bit of slack, because I seriously believe Britney is mildly ********/has a mild case of fetal alcohol syndrome and really doesn't get a lot of things. I could see her thinking it was fine to hold her baby in her lap while someone else drove.

But gah! Seeing her smiling in the pictures, with the baby right up against the steering wheel, as she navigates a busy highway, makes me sick to my stomach. Terrified by the paparazzi? Yeah right. She looks calm and relaxed and amused. She's let them take pictures of son dozens of times, even if she didn't want them to this time (as is her right), putting him in the carseat where it looks like the windows are tinted, would solve that problem! The pics don't show anyone closer/surrounding the car, and were apparently taken from a distance. It looks to me like she thought it would make a cute photo op for the baby to be driving a car, and when she realized the world didn't see it that way, she backtracked and issued a statement about being terrified and trying to protect her baby by placing his fragile body between her and a steering wheel containing an easily triggered air bag capable of killing a petite adult/older child, while driving with one hand down a busy, curving road, with aggressive paparazzi giving chase to her easily out-of-control SUV. I think this is far worse than Michael Jackson's baby dangling, and that's saying a lot.

And yeah, people used to do this all the time back before there were carseats. There's no excuse now. My own mother used to occasionally breast feed my brothers while a passenger in a moving vehicle, and that was wrong, even though the car was an ancient piece of crap with no airbags and we were on deserted country roads going 30mph and the only reason we didn't pull off was because we wouldn't be able to get the car started again and couldn't idle because of the wasted gas and the baby was screaming and needed to eat and we couldn't afford a breast pump or formula. But we STILL had a 3rd hand carseat, and even with all those excuses, everyone in the family recognized it was a big risk. That Britney, in her plush car, with top of the line carseat, and BODYGUARD who could have easily taken the kid from her, and strapped him in while the car was moving, thinks this was keeping her baby safe, makes me seriously wonder if the retardation isn't more than mild.

Edited to add that even when people used to this - and still do, in many rural, poor areas - I have never seen or heard of ANYONE having the baby in the DRIVER'S lap. Passenger is very unsafe, even in a car with no airbags, but driver's seat is just mind-numbingly dumb. And also, you can see the bodyguard on the phone. If things were so dangerous and dire, why wasn't he calling 911?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anastasia said:
When I first skimmed the story, I thought she was in the passenger seat, holding the baby while someone else drove. Deeply moronic in a car with air bags - any car, really, but I did cut her a teensy bit of slack, because I seriously believe Britney is mildly ********/has a mild case of fetal alcohol syndrome and really doesn't get a lot of things. I could see her thinking it was fine to hold her baby in her lap while someone else drove.

But gah! Seeing her smiling in the pictures, with the baby right up against the steering wheel, as she navigates a busy highway, makes me sick to my stomach. Terrified by the paparazzi? Yeah right. She looks calm and relaxed and amused. She's let them take pictures of son dozens of times, even if she didn't want them to this time (as is her right), putting him in the carseat where it looks like the windows are tinted, would solve that problem! The pics don't show anyone closer/surrounding the car, and were apparently taken from a distance. It looks to me like she thought it would make a cute photo op for the baby to be driving a car, and when she realized the world didn't see it that way, she backtracked and issued a statement about being terrified and trying to protect her baby by placing his fragile body between her and a steering wheel containing an easily triggered air bag capable of killing a petite adult/older child, while driving with one hand down a busy, curving road, with aggressive paparazzi giving chase to her easily out-of-control SUV. I think this is far worse than Michael Jackson's baby dangling, and that's saying a lot.

And yeah, people used to do this all the time back before there were carseats. There's no excuse now. My own mother used to occasionally breast feed my brothers while a passenger in a moving vehicle, and that was wrong, even though the car was an ancient piece of crap with no airbags and we were on deserted country roads going 30mph and the only reason we didn't pull off was because we wouldn't be able to get the car started again and couldn't idle because of the wasted gas and the baby was screaming and needed to eat and we couldn't afford a breast pump or formula. But we STILL had a 3rd hand carseat, and even with all those excuses, everyone in the family recognized it was a big risk. That Britney, in her plush car, with top of the line carseat, and BODYGUARD who could have easily taken the kid from her, and strapped him in while the car was moving, thinks this was keeping her baby safe, makes me seriously wonder if the retardation isn't more than mild.

Edited to add that even when people used to this - and still do, in many rural, poor areas - I have never seen or heard of ANYONE having the baby in the DRIVER'S lap. Passenger is very unsafe, even in a car with no airbags, but driver's seat is just mind-numbingly dumb. And also, you can see the bodyguard on the phone. If things were so dangerous and dire, why wasn't he calling 911?

I really agree, Karma for you:flower:

So....we need to pass tests to get a license to drive, but this idiot can just breed like no one's business?

FrockRadar8 said:
So....we need to pass tests to get a license to drive, but this idiot can just breed like no one's business?

I'm wondering how Brit got a license to drive if she thinks this is acceptable, safe behavior. Though I don't remember them covering "Don't operate a vehicle with an infant in your lap", probably because they assumed people would be smart enough not to.

I just saw on the news that the LAPD visited her today to question her and there are NO plans for charges against her.:blink:

_Angelica said:
Wasn't there also an incident a few months ago, where her and KFed went out drinking and left the baby in the back seat?

I thought that was Sharon Stone...

While I don't trust the pap's - esp after what happened at Reese Witherspoons kids bday - I think it is incredibally irrational and irresponsible of Britney to go to the length of protection she did.... when it could actually cause the baby more harm.

This is what celebrity does everytime they get caught vilolating trafic laws: blaming the paparazies!!! And the thing is that they never get pressed charge. Lindsay, Paris Hilton, Britney,... they are all the same. Everytime they violate, TV makes huge headlines then leave the case hanging in the air. Polices even let go of Paris that time and nothing was done. The thing is: paparazi is pretty much expected everywhere you go -you ARE a celeb- dumb***!!!! So stop making excuses as if you don't know they are gonna be surrounding you, taking your pictures! If it's because of the paparazies, why is there so many stars who also drives but never get into any accidents??? They just make lame excuses. "I was panicked!" Yeah right.... You going to a very open, popular place (like Lindsay in Ivy case), not to a remote place in New Jersey, you know???

http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynamic/stories/P/PEOPLE_BRITNEY_SPEARS?SITE=NYNYP&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT

Spears Says Driving With Baby 'A Mistake'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Britney Spears has taken responsibility - well, some of it - for driving with her baby son, Sean Preston, sitting in her lap.
"I made a mistake and so it is what it is, I guess," Spears tells "Access Hollywood" in an interview that was to air Thursday.
Several photos published Tuesday showed Spears driving her sport utility vehicle in Malibu, Calif., with her 4-month-old son perched on her lap rather than strapped into a car seat in the back seat.
The 24-year-old pop star said she did it because of a "horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi."
In response, X17, the agency that snapped the pictures, said they were snapped "in a very peaceful context, in which photographers exhibited no aggressive behavior."
"Being put in the situation that I was in, it was kind of bad with the paparazzi," Spears tells "Access Hollywood." "Last week, my mom and I went out and they were on us really bad, so you instinctively do what you need to do."
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has said it won't pursue any charges.
Sean Preston, who was born in September, is Spears' first child. She is married to Kevin Federline, a former backup dancer.

Yeah? YOu made a mistake and you just declare it like that and you don't have to pay fine, or go to court, or go to school???? One of the things that make me hate celebs is the privilege bestowed upon them even in case of law violating or crimes.

She was trying to get away from the paparazzi, and needed to protect her baby, so she put him in her LAP?

well, hey maybe Sean knew a shortcut.

She always has some pathetic excuse doesn't she? wake up and take some responsibility for your own stupid actions, Britney.

The thing is that police and the whole system of justice in this country just let her glide through it!! There was never any charges pressed against these celebs. Well, I guess their money was well-spent!

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/article_1164600.php/Britney_Spears_does_it_again
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0605170182may17,1,802486.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

Oh, Britney.

The whole rear/front facing thing doesn't bother me so much - Sean's not a year yet, but looks like he weighs at least 20lbs. But the way the pictures show him slumped over so far make me anxious just looking at them...he's obviously not buckled in properly. And I can't believe she - or anyone - would take an infant about in a convertible with the top down. Maybe I'm a total wuss, but I HATE driving in a convertible with the wind stinging my skin, eyes get dry, dust, fumes, etc, I can't imagine purposefully exposing my 8 MONTH OLD to the experience.

I just dont get it- she is defending her actions by saying 'the law in california says the baby has to be 20lbs before it can ride in a forward facing seat... blah blah blah' but the point is that her 8 month old baby is slumped over in a baby seat, looking realy uncomfortable and in a dangerous position.
no matter what the law says shouldnt her main concern be keeping her baby safe at all times? after all if the law said that it was ok to hang your baby out the window when your driving it doesnt mean you should do it! :angry:

Eh....I guess if she didn't break any laws then there's nothing you can really do about it.

It's not the carseat that pisses me off so much as the fact that she's in a convertable.

IMHO, I would never drive in a convertable with my child. I won't even do it as an adult...you flip over and you're dead! :shock:

I used to think Kfed was the bigger tool of the 2, now I'm not too sure. He's a loser and a deadbeat to be sure but at least his other kid's mother seems to have her head screwed on right. Brit is just dangerous. I swear this baby #2 is a back-up in case anything happens to Sean P.

The pics of her with the baby on her lap were bad enough and now she's driving along with the kid slumped over in his car seat. She's an idiot. You think she would have learned his lesson after the first time but clearly not.

she shouldn't have been driving with a baby, or any child, oh sayy under the age of 5 in the back seat of a convertible. especially in LA. What was she thinking? Point in case: she wasn't thinking!

Wait let me get this straight. Sean is LESS than a year old and so far:

1. He has fallen out of his high chair at home
2. Ridden in a moving SUV in the drivers seat, in his refucktardo mom's lap
3. Ridden in a front moving car seat in a convertible with the top down?

Seriously, I don't see this kiddo making it to 5 years old and that is beyond sad. I don't understand how Brit can be cleared of all charges all the time. Now, add to it that she has another kid on the way meaning that her already short attention span is going to be split into two. Imagine her only being able to give Sean and new baby 50% of her attention? So that means each baby gets .5 brain cells dedicated to them.

Seriously, can child protective services go and get that baby before something seriously HAPPENS to him. Brit and Kfed have just been luck so far. She is endangering the life of that precious baby boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->