Stag Party

stylegurrl

Reaction score
NYT

Look on left side of page under The Season for link to photo slide show.
Clothing featured is by V&R, Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana, Helmut Lang, Balenciaga, Hermes, Comme des Garcons, Armani and Ann Demeulemeester.

29wrolf.slide2.jpg

29wrolf.slide4.jpg

29wrolf.slide5.jpg

29wrolf.slide6.jpg

29wrolf.slide3.jpg

Is this really V&R's shooting? Looks like their long-time collaborators,Anuschka Blommers and Niels Schumm.

if you look at the credits on the last image...they had a 'lighting designer'...so they really art directed more than anything else...

must be nice ...i'm a little jealous really...wish i had a whole crew at my disposal to make my visions come to life...

but i like these images very much...i really like the set...sort of an abstract forest (stefan beckmam, the set designer, is very very good)...i love the props... and i love the hair...especially in the 2nd pic where the blonde hair curls between the chanel camelias...i love all the attention to detail...

there is also a credit for a digital lab...mucho retouching that means...so perfection is easily achieved...

i really like the whole thing though...very nice... :heart: :flower:

Has anyone noticed the prices? :shock: Just ridiculous.

I'm absolutely loving that off-white Helmut look, and the blonde model's hair looks great.....My only complaint, I would've liked to see more V&R pieces since it was inspired by the runway show, but still, great photos.

What are the antler's all about anyway? i remember watching the show hoping for dear life that no one would take a spill...

Absolutely beautiful.

Viktor & Rolf's shows are always a novelty, last season of course, being the deer, complete with antlers and pretty makeup.

The outfits are divine too, I'd wear all of them in some form or another.

i'm not that impressed, looks very moody and dark,
a bit conservative as well

thanks for the topic

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 2 2004, 07:49 AM
[snapback]353958[/snapback]​

What did you expect from a major US publication? :P

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 2 2004, 07:49 AM
i'm not that impressed, looks very moody and dark,

thanks for the topic
[snapback]353958[/snapback]​

have to disagree...i thought the bjork pictures they did recently were conservative and boring...this is very forward...at least in terms of hair and make up ...for the new york times...i don't even think vogue or bazaar would do hair and make up like that...middle america will not get this AT ALL... :P :lol:

and then there's the abstract set...i think they're actually really pushing it for a mainstream publication... :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 2 2004, 09:36 AM
have to disagree...i thought the bjork pictures they did recently were conservative and boring...this is very forward...at least in terms of hair and make up ...for the new york times...i don't even think vogue or bazaar would do hair and make up like that...middle america will not get this AT ALL... :P :lol:

and then there's the abstract set...i think they're actually really pushing it for a mainstream publication... :heart:
[snapback]354023[/snapback]​

Well, for my comment, I was refering to the clothes. Look at the Ann Demeulemeester shot, for example. How the HELL in the world could they put together such a conservative look?! Are they even Ann's clothes?

It's funny to see Saks push Ann D all of a sudden (a year after Nicole appeared in Vogue in the infamous boots). Ann D outfit is also in the Saks spread in W, along with Chanel, Gucci and Missoni :huh: . I doubt it'll help, though :lol:

i think it's fun to see how much you really appreciate ann's work....
:D

my post was in refference to the styling, not to the publication,
i've seen much more interesting fashion editorials at NYT (e.g.their old couture editorial) but obviously its just me

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 2 2004, 10:18 AM
i think it's fun to see how much you really appreciate ann's work....
:D
[snapback]354052[/snapback]​

What can I say, I am aesthetically in love.

i guess that's the trick that i've learned having worked in the market now...you can never go all the way...so you have to compromise and balance it as best you can...you either get to do creative styling and tame hair and make up...or the opposite...it's almost impossible to get really creative and go all the way with any american publication because they are all so commercial... it's one of the reasons i can't be on staff right now...there's nowhere you can really be creative....

i think the only reason they were even able to get away with the hair and make up they did is because it's viktor and rolf...i bet if another editor tried to do it she/he would get shot down...

american mags are sooooo conservative...
i don't remember the couture lena...but i guess that's another exception because it's all fantasy with the couture...

imo...european mags are 100 times better in terms of editorial creativity ...

well, its not just a normal editorial since V&R are guest photographers, they did what they wanted for NYT and in my book coming from them, the outcome is tame.
NYT (which is mainstream) has published much more interesting editorials, their couture editorial i'm talking about had tiiu 'hanging' from chandeliers.

btw, i've seen very interesting/creative editorials published in usa mags and very boring ones in european magazines. Its all in the idea and the way its been executed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->