Stag Party

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 2 2004, 11:19 AM
Its all in the idea and the way its been executed
[snapback]354138[/snapback]​

and whether or not it get's approved...many great ideas and great stories are not published because they are too 'whatever'...too edgy, too dark, too moody, too something...

the best stories in my portfolio were never published... :blush: :wacko:

my best editorial ever -from my stylist days- wasnt published either, even though it's mega production was well payed but this is not the point here...

why isn't that the point?...

my point is that i think this is a relatively good and creative story based on the restrictions put upon the creative teams who work on magazine editorials...specifically in the US...my point is that it's hard to be creative when your freedom is restricted by the parameters of the magazine you work for...

one can't just say it;s not very creative..one has to look at how creative they are allowed to be...for example...a story in marie claire might be very boring for vogue,,,but it moight be very creative for marie claire because they have a different demographic and therefore different paramenters...

besides...i thought it was the best feature in that issue...certainly better than the mondino story...and i'm usually a HUGE fan of mondino...and he usually does very beautiful and creative work... and i also thought the idea was fresh...enough is enough already with all the same stories in every magazine...if i see another brooch i'm going to scream....!!! :P :lol:

at least the forest theme was different...and their own...besides...i've always liked that huntress vibe...reminds me of diana the huntress...the greek goddess of war... i've always like that imagery...and i thought it ws very viktor and rolf...which i guess was the point... after seeiing their menswear presentation...i thought this fit right in with their aesthetic...

not brilliant...but appropriate...which is important in a commercial market...

so i do agree that the styliing is not highly creative...but i think that given the parameters and the market...it was quite good for what it is...

a bit OT...it feels to me like something that woud have been in harper's bazaar when liz tilberis was still there...but she probably would have let them get a bit more creative...

i'm not a big fan of the current incarnation of harpers...

i foudn the edit tame and boring persoanlly, some fo the clothes are nice, and i like the set

point is that guest features can be whatever they want,
one does treats the same way a photographer/stylist team as
does a famous design duo.
this should have been something 'outstanding' and 'special'
and to me, it's not. thats all.

other creative issues that apply under usual circumstances
don't apply with a internationally known creative guest editor team.
this should have been a star editorial, to me it does more harm
than good to V&R. c'est tout
:P

I think the girls are sexy. Nice hair too, nice and shiny. I don't think you get that with Head and Shoulders!

The photos are nice but I would have preferred if they didn't take something directly from their fall runway show(the antelers) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->