Stella McCartney S/S 2024 Paris

The music was really giving me a good early to mid 2000s Roberto Cavalli or Versace energy but the collection itself is nothing of the sort.

Couple of Ghesquière and McQueen references in here. The rest is a bit The Frankie Shop, which isn't a good thing.

It is always interesting seeing designers do shows in the streets in broad daylight where the weather can really affect how the collection comes across. Here it shows that some of the straps and fits have little to no support which you wouldn't have guessed in a controlled runway set.

It's definitely Stella for Gen Z, but it somehow works pretty well. There are so many cool pieces in this collection. It's also full of energy and that's why I think showing in the street was a great idea, it highlighted how real the looks are. The menswear part was strong and pretty desirable for me, too. Overall, I think it's a hit!

Poor Kiki....
She was not the only one struggling with her long dress.
the show was very vibrant, youthfull, good music.
it's great to see clothes for the street on the street.
some combinations worked better than others (perfetto leather jacket with jeans? groundbreaking!),
but all in all i liked a lot of it.

The menswear/pantsuits were the highlights , overall its a pretty good show ,some pieces were tacky ie the jeans with the holes and mirrored dress, but the menswear /menswear inspired pieces were great . Definitely one of the good show what has been an abysmal fashion season.

With the exception of the ONE honey mini-dress, this collection bores me to death. Her fabrics always seem cheap to me. The last two dresses are straight up hideous. I've never understood her appeal, if there truly is one.

great soundtrack but did it fit the clothes? No. Lulu's, America's and Barbara's walks were ON POINT! Kiki tripped but handled like a pro!

But I don’t know, the clothes are fine but not very exciting for my taste.

The trench on Adut wasn't flattering but there was another that I liked. Some bags were cute. It all seemed a little disconnected though and the colors were not inspiring.

PS: The male model wearing the black leather jacket SERVED

seems a bit all over the place, no coherence

aside: i've always wondered if anyone has ever seen a woman wearing hot pants, especially bejeweled ones? (besides a pop star or something)

She is getting her groove back slowly after seasons of confusion. It’s carefree, sexy modern clothes that she does better than people like Isabel Marant and that Chloe doesn’t offer anymore.

It’s very disjointed and those flower prints are ugly but it’s a decent collection from her. Cute separates, strong tailoring and great outerwear.

More references than in the Wikipedia!
Also...no one in her team realized this look feels like a flying cockroach?? (or three black garbage bags tied together)

SwTrf20K_o.jpg

(imgbox.com)

Stella is so rich!!! So rich that she can waste so much money every season on her bad collection. She could donate the money instead to the poor.
Bad fashion is over, if you want it. oh but that was John Lennon, not McCartney.. lol

great soundtrack but did it fit the clothes? No. Lulu's, America's and Barbara's walks were ON POINT! Kiki tripped but handled like a pro!

But I don’t know, the clothes are fine but not very exciting for my taste.

The trench on Adut wasn't flattering but there was another that I liked. Some bags were cute. It all seemed a little disconnected though and the colors were not inspiring.

PS: The male model wearing the black leather jacket SERVED
That's Baye Seye, he's a fantastic model. Really interesting look, was just on the cover of Vogue Korea. He's going places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->