Stella McCartney for Notify Jeans

^I agree, I find it ridiculous to pay anything over $100 for jeans.

^I agree, I find it ridiculous to pay anything over $100 for jeans.

i think perhaps alot of times it is the 'aura' that is created.
if you look good (even possibly a million dollars?) then why not?
and let s face it, dresses and gowns have less wearability than jeans, for most people anyway.
:flower:

I think it's really tricky for a jean to justify a high pricetag, simply because there is so much competition in this market that you will always find somebody else who is doing something similar at a more attractive pricepoint.

Then again, if you succeed in offering a unique product or if you manage to put a very personal stamp on a jean (and by that I don't think of fancy rivets as with Nina Ricci, who are asking for more than 500€ for theirs!), there is no reason comparing them with another regular staple pair that you probably got for a lot less.

lol in marc jacob bed room:-P lol

even gstar/diesel ect cost more than 120€!!!
we need to ask Alejandro where he found these jeans

or could it be that the $500 jean is targeted at stella's customers who shop for her higher priced, more elaborate clothes while casually pick up a pair of jeans?

then again, it is hard to imagine a pair of jeans priced at say 300 while her dresses are priced at 1500? i dont really know how much are her dresses though...not sure if you guys get the drift...

also, price could sometimes be an instrument to segregate the 'less desirable' mass market from laying their hands on them.

my two cents worth :smile:

^about the 'less desirable' part...yes..my mom often talk about that when we talk about overpriced designers. it's a psychological thing...if you buy a designer name with high price, you feel like you brought something exquist(sp?)
but anyways..i agree with softgrey, producing another type of product in collab with an already company is alot more convinent than starting your own. obviously if she wants to stay on top of trends or what not, starting her own line/house for a sub product is really a waste of money and time.

what is going to happen to Stella and McQueen after the 7 year plan? will they be dropepd by the Gucci Group?

I dont think after 7 years.. if the target is not reach they have to change their strategies or if not, dismissed!!
btw i saw loads of mcqueen/stella jeans for sales with reasonable price!

pic from vogue.co.uk. all proceeds go to charity apparently.
SMcCartney_Notify07_b.jpg

STELLA MCCARTNEY has teamed up with denim label Notify to create an exclusive charity capsule collection for spring/summer 2008. Available in two cuts - a seamless skinny and a high-waisted boyfriend style - and four colourways, the jeans will raise money for Marine Connection, a UK-based organisation that seeks to protect whales, dolphins and the world's oceans. Stella's a busy lady just now - expecting her second baby in two months, she continues to expand upon her collaboration with Adidas and she'll be launching a gorgeous lingerie line early next year. The Notify jeans will launch this month at Stella McCartney stores and selected department stores nationwide, priced from approximately �200, with all profits going to Marine Connection. (November 7 2007, AM)

Leisa Barnett

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->