Stella!

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Dec 9th, 2003 - 9:21 pm
I like some of her stuff..I think her collections are getting better over time. :unsure:
i agree i think she trully talented and doesnt kiss up to anyone
She also knows how to make the right friends who influence sales
She shd slow down abit and reduce on the pricing coz i think shes still around. :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 10th, 2003 - 8:12 am
:o four hundred thirty six thousand pounds? little?
to me thats quite a lot leyla :ninja:
not at her price point it's not!!! that is not even one hundred dresses (and remember she has THREE stores)...if you can't sell one hundred dresses over the course of a year, you're in trouble. remember that's not even a dress a week per store...i've worked retail before, if we had NO turnover in a week, we'd shut the doors.

Yes Lena is right, I was reading WWD that although losses were posted the amount doesn't include sales etc its incorporated in Gucci's overall monies. Anyways I do not think Gucci is ready to let her go, that is not the tone I get.

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 10th, 2003 - 2:12 pm
:o four hundred thirty six thousand pounds? little?
to me thats quite a lot leyla :ninja:
as mikeijames said, it is PEANUTS for someone like STELLA..

i know also a little bout reatil and thats definitely not much for such a company :mellow:

It's complete peanuts. I know people who have a bigger turnover as their personal income.

:blush: OOOOPS, i got totally mixed up on this, sorry guys you are right :ninja:
(i was runing low today due to partying all night :ninja: )

she made absolutely NO money its true, guess nobody wears Stella anymore?

just found this :shock: click to read :ninja:

extracts

.....And there are many who want McCartney to fail. She has already faced a fair few brickbats in her career. When she took over as designer at Chloé in 1997, her predecessor Karl Lagerfeld dubbed her a "T-shirt designer". This year, the British designer Jeff Banks caused a tabloid stir when he stated that "Stella's clothes are very amateurish, but then because of who her old man is, it doesn't seem to matter." The comments caused a round of Stella-baiting, though others were confused as to when Banks, the presenter of the Clothes Show in the 80s, became such an authority on fashion.

.........Meanwhile, from scratch, McCartney has opened stores in New York, London and Los Angeles in the past two years. These aren't small shops - the London store on Bruton Street is spread over three floors, and is crammed with artwork and personalised features. Such a statement opening doesn't come cheap, indeed it is a mark of the Gucci Group brands to open brash stores before the brand itself has grown its legs, presumably to give the impression that the label is dynamic and strong. With the luxury goods industry still in flux after the tourism collapse following September 11, many in the industry have viewed the policy as foolhardy. It means that at the present moment, McCartney has all the necessary public support with little of its financial patronage. "It may be to do with the investment in her label, or the price of property," says Shulman. "She also makes some incredibly expensive clothes. You'd be expecting her to make a loss." ....

I don't really like stella's collections, but it's sort of sad that she's not making any money. Her collections are getting better - do you think she'll go completely broke?

with her family money, i seriously doubt she will ever go broke... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 14th, 2003 - 11:01 am
with her family money, i seriously doubt she will ever go broke... :rolleyes:
...though they may let her little pet project go under

I think stella just need to slwo down a bit and stop priceingc raz amounts and she will be fine.

Could someone post some Stella and tell me why they don't like it? (I've never seen much of her work)

on the first day of fashion school we all went to harvey nichols to look around

we got to the stella boutique.....and we were just shocked at how appauling her clothes were......
jumpers with arm holes which are practically as wide as the jumper
gross pinky colour jackets lined with luminous mesh
these are just the ones i remember

it was all HIDEOUS :sick:
even that corset top everyone seems to be wearing is BAD......the chiffon trimming at the front isnt sewn down (on purpose) and makes the top look real bad craftmanship

Originally posted by Acid@Dec 16th, 2003 - 4:52 pm

we got to the stella boutique.....and we were just shocked at how appauling her clothes were......

it was all HIDEOUS :sick:
even that corset top everyone seems to be wearing is BAD......the chiffon trimming at the front isnt sewn down (on purpose) and makes the top look real bad craftmanship
:innocent: As a rider to your post , ACID , Dr. Miriam Stoppard would seem to disagree with you ! See her article yesterday in ' The Mirror ' , 17th. December. You'll find it at 'www. mirror co.uk' . I will take your word as a craftsman , however , your being at the clothface , so to speak . :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 16th, 2003 - 3:43 pm
Could someone post some Stella and tell me why they don't like it? (I've never seen much of her work)
...they have loads of her stuff on yoox.com

i find her stuff cute, just not must-have

Originally posted by kit+Dec 18th, 2003 - 2:50 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kit @ Dec 18th, 2003 - 2:50 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Acid@Dec 16th, 2003 - 4:52 pm

it was all HIDEOUS  :sick:
:innocent: As a rider to your post , ACID , Dr. Miriam Stoppard would seem to disagree with you ! See her article yesterday in ' The Mirror ' , 17th. December. You'll find it at 'www. mirror co.uk' . I will take your word as a craftsman , however , your being at the clothface , so to speak . :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
not understanding u Kit.......explain plz :flower:

:cry: SORRY ACID . I don't know how to take you directly to the article except by your going to the Mirror website and navigating from there . ( i actually found the story by tapping in ' tom ford 'on the google news website ) . The very famous Dr.Miriam Stoppard is actually singing the praises of dear Stella and the wearablity of her clothes . I , myself would rather accept your appraisal of the clothes since you actually make garments . I must be clearer ( slaps own wrist ! ) and I am drinking strong coffee as lena suggested over my abortive post about the Observer article on Sunday . :flower: regards KIT

the look mike just posted is a plain proof that her clothes are bad cut and bad made :P notice the neckline wrinkling at the right part of the dress, its major mistake, probably to do with cutting (either the grain or the stiching have gone wrong )

could someone tell me how stella sizing is? i've heard her clothes tend to run rather small. is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->