Stephan Schneider Homme S/S 06 Paris

kit

Reaction score
Stephan Schneider's Fantastical Sportswear

From Fashion Wire Daily

By Godfrey Deeny

The Paris men’s schedule is getting busier and busier with the roster flooded with entries from German-speaking designers. We’re talking about Wendy&Jim and Bulgarian born Petar Petrov from Vienna attempting to fill the void left by the most famous Wiener Helmut Lang. For the record – the former are Lang studio alumni.

But for a take on fantastical sportswear one should get an invitation to see Stephan Schneider, a German designer who has been part of the Paris men’s season for most of this short century.

Antwerp-based Schneider showed his spring summer 2006 collection in a gallery space in the Marais Friday night, drawing an eclectic crowd, though, realistically, paying the prize of coming after an ultra late John Galliano show on the official calendar.

Known for his innovative approach to sportswear, Schneider continued his quest by lining up an impressive number of easy sweat pants with summer T-shirts and light, color block-stripe sweaters. Stephan presented an installation of a dozen industrial freezers filled with champagne, salads, snacks and soft drinks scattered throughout the gallery.

On cue, the tops of the freezers were closed and out stepped the models to ELO’s fantastic “Blinded by the Light” tripping from one freezer to the next and making their way through the tightly-packed audience.

We did not quite understand what the message was here but Schneider’s take on the ultimate Cote d’Azur playboy staple, the blue club blazer with gold buttons was a sure winner. He presented it single-breasted with two buttons and proved that he is one to watch for innovating a men’s wardrobe.

Again , this has NOT taken on the forum list , but at least it's here . :wink:

Me too... im not expecting that I'll like most of it though, his summer collections are always so kitschy campy.

I have seen a few pictures from this collection in a magazine, but I forgot which magazine it was.. (someone showed them to me)

Are there any pictures online?

I found some pics here:

http://www.heimat-koeln.de/opencms/opencms/heimat-koeln/Designers/herren/schneider.html

schneider_mss06_13.jpg

schneider_mss06_16.jpg

schneider_mss06_21.jpg

schneider_mss06_25.jpg

schneider_mss06_32.jpg

schneider_mss06_38.jpg

?? Are there hillbillys in Finland? Maybe they dress differently than hillbillys elsewhere? I'd say some of it looks preppy-ish, if anything, myself.

hillbilly? i dont see anything like that... preppy yes.. induvidual pieces attract some attention.. kuran said it right!:smile: summer collections can get a tad bit too kitschy.. i like his winter stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->