Steve Madden's Latest

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Jun 6th, 2004 - 6:44 am
I have the original Manolo version of those..but who is Steve Madden and why is he making carbon copys of Manolos??
:lol:

he's in jail. :lol:

SEC Probing Steve Madden's Employment

WASHINGTON -- Footwear company Steven Madden Ltd. on Monday said the Securities and Exchange Commission is looking at former chairman and chief executive Steven Madden's employment with the company, The Associated Press reported.

Steve Madden resigned as CEO in 2001, when he pleaded guilty to securities fraud and money laundering. He was sentenced to 41 months in jail and was barred from serving as an officer or director of a public company for seven years. He began serving the sentence in September 2002.

Madden now serves as the company's creative and design chief, a non-executive position, and receives an annual salary of $700,000. Under his contract, he is entitled to receive base salary payments when he isn't actively engaged in his duties.

Steven Madden Ltd., which designs shoes for women, said it intends to fully comply with the SEC's request for information, according to a quarterly report filed Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

-- NYSCPA.org News Staff

Originally posted by pinkmonkey+Jun 6th, 2004 - 8:00 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pinkmonkey @ Jun 6th, 2004 - 8:00 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chanel_girl@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:44 am
I have the original Manolo version of those..but who is Steve Madden and why is he making carbon copys of Manolos??
US shoe designer/retailer with factories in Spain and China,

Making Manolo copies because there is a customer demand for them. An opportunity to make sales to girls who love Carrie and don't have the budget to afford Manolos perhaps? [/b][/quote]
Agreed :flower:

Originally posted by vintage_princess+Jun 6th, 2004 - 10:36 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vintage_princess @ Jun 6th, 2004 - 10:36 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by pinkmonkey@Jun 6th, 2004 - 8:00 am
<!--QuoteBegin-chanel_girl
@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:44 am

Making Manolo copies because there is a customer demand for them. An opportunity to make sales to girls who love Carrie and don't have the budget to afford Manolos perhaps?
Agreed :flower: [/b][/quote]
Exactly. :smile: Not everyone can afford a pair of Manolos each day... or each week, month, or year... for that matter.

The heel looks weird. I don't think I'd buy them unless they were on sale.

oh, carrie's shoes! i loved those, and wanted a manolo pair, but no one had my size :cry: gosh i loved those shoes so much

Oh my god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The company did something right ... the shoes are sold out in lots of sizes :smile:

Originally posted by luna+Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:29 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (luna @ Jun 6th, 2004 - 11:29 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vintage_princess@Jun 6th, 2004 - 10:36 am
Originally posted by pinkmonkey@Jun 6th, 2004 - 8:00 am
<!--QuoteBegin-chanel_girl
@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:44 am

Making Manolo copies because there is a customer demand for them. An opportunity to make sales to girls who love Carrie and don't have the budget to afford Manolos perhaps?

Agreed :flower:
Exactly. :smile: Not everyone can afford a pair of Manolos each day... or each week, month, or year... for that matter. [/b][/quote]
I'd rather wear anything than a pair of badly made, cheap looking "wanna be Manolos" :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->