Stretching Too Small Shoes

haha i did the same thing with my suede boots.
i ordered the right size (online) but they run a bit small..
at first i could only wear them barefoot...
then i wore stockings... then i wore socks with it..
im gonna stretch it out even more by wearing those really thick athletic socks with it...
after theyve been stretched with those thick socks, they should fit me perfectly with regular socks/tights.. and be comfy :lol:

I have a similar problem and need help...i bought these gorgeous ballerina flats, patent leather (via spiga) shoes, and they are 8.5 (39) but i am a size 9 (39...why the same size in italian?)

So, i wore them around the house, no problem. I Decided to keep them, cause it seemed they fit. I wore them to work the next day, and i have never felt so much pain! it's been 4 days and my feet still hurt. is there any way i can fix this? i can't return them cause they are obviously worn.

what to do what to do?

Satine, one extreme way is to get some shoe-stretching spray (it's largely rubbing alcohol, I think) and follow the instructions on the can. I think it's like rubbing alcohol - it soaks the shoe, and then you wear it wet to stretch the leather irreversibly (i.e. it won't go back to the old size, the way it would if you just stretched it on a shoe tree or at a cobbler's).

stretching leather shoes

hi all, i bought some white leather gladiator sandals off ebay and they came today. theyre great, but just a tiny bit tight. i've been wearing them around the house to break them in before i go walking outdoors with them, but does anyone know a faster way to get the leather to stretch? i.e. is there something i can put on the leather-wet it maybe..i dunno :/ i'm thinking there probly isnt but i thought i'd ask just in case someone knows of something. they just need to stretch a tiinny bit and they'll be perfect.

Attachments

• whitesandals1.jpg
    whitesandals1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4
Wetting them will make them tighter.

Bring them to a cordonnier (don't know the english word but its a guy who repairs and stretches shoes and works with leather )

the cordonnier might be able to stretch them for you. they have a special machine for it.

i dont want to get into all that-i know i could take them to a proffessional shoe repair place and have them do something to them, but i dont want to go to a shop and pay-its not worth it for shoes that didnt cost much at all. i was thinking more along the lines of something i can do at home...

just keep wearing them around the house.... try wearing really heavy socks with them while doing this.

Put your blow dryer on hot and blow dry the leather until it gets really hot and then put the shoes on. Heat makes the leather stretch.hope that helps

thanks guys, will try that :smile: i'm really digging these sandals, they look really cool on...

I really don't like taking shoes to be stretched because they wind up getting wide in the wrong places. My husband always laughs at me cause when I get new shoes I wear them around the house for a week with socks breaking them in.

Shoe Stretching

So I bought some Marc Jacobs Slip Ons the other day, I love them!
And I got them for such a good deal, but ahh No returns!
So just my luck has it, I fit into Marc by Marc Jacobs in a size 9, but I guess Marc Jacobs themselves are a tad bit smaller. I have kinda wide feet and just need to stretch them out alittle bit. Has anyone got there shoes professionally stretched or anything and how big did they stretch them?

These are the shoes,
e5_1.JPG

(only pic i could find of them, on ebay)
I just couldnt not keep them!

I use to take shoes to a boot place to get my shoes stretched. They never seemed to stretch shoes enough. I have wide feet and pretty much every pair I buy needs to be stretched. So I bought shoe stretchers on ebay. They've worked very well. Its a slow process of putting in the stretchers and stretching a bit, then waiting a day, then stretch more each day until its enough.
Those shoes will be easy to stretch.

I've had leather shoes streched about 1/2 a size w/ great results. But honestly in your case the sequins might fall off if they do it wrong.

Yes, was just about to say, the sequins do present a problem.

I'd wear them with socks around the house... haha, sometimes I've even soaked my feet in hot water, dried them off.. and then wear the shoes around a little. ... It worked so well on one of my pairs of shoes that now they're too loose and my foot slides out of them a bit...

Luna said:
Yes, was just about to say, the sequins do present a problem.

I'd wear them with socks around the house... haha, sometimes I've even soaked my feet in hot water, dried them off.. and then wear the shoes around a little. ... It worked so well on one of my pairs of shoes that now they're too loose and my foot slides out of them a bit...
:lol: that is really funny, Luna. I will probably have to try this once I get the lastics. Socks sounds a great idea!
I agree on the comments regarding the sequins. I am afraid that they will fall off.

i recently bought these shoes - had a lemming for them for ages. I got them in my size (the next size up was too big), but they are a narrow fit across the top and the left shoe catches the side of my foot slightly. Do you think it would e possible to stretch the shoe a little, bearing in mind that the leather strap is covered in satin? As you can imagine, i am very cautious about how to go about this seeing as they are Lanvin...

Attachments

• lanvin shoes.jpg
    lanvin shoes.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
The problem is that even though the strap is leather (which is stretchable) it's covered in satin which is hard to stretch especially without warping the material.

Streching Shoes?

Hey guys,

So I have some adorable Miu Miu flats that I would love to keep but they are a size too small... however, I heard that you can go to a shoe cobbler and get them stretched out to fit? Is this true? How much does it cost/can anyone provide me with more info? :flower:

^^I have stretched a pair of shoes myself with store bought shoe stretchers, but I only needed to stretch a half size. It worked really good for me.

I am not positive on exact cost for a cobbler but upwards of $50 for a pair. Maybe call around and see. Make sure your cobbler can stretch them a full size, he may not be able to. That is a lot of stretching...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->