Stretching Too Small Shoes

you can buy these shoe stretcher things that you put in then let go of and they kinda spring out and stretch them .. we sell them in work (i work in shoe shop) and they work well

and other thing we sell is spray which you spray on then put your feet in the shoe.. it opens the pores in the leather and the heat from your feet stretches them

also as well just play with them .. gentley rub the leather in your hands and work the leather the heat from your hands etc. will warm the leather and stretch it

if all else fails then id take them a cobbler to stretch

I think the shoes I just ordered are too small Help

I ordered these Givenchy heels and just got them. I am normally a size 38.5 but all they had left was the size 38 so i figured they would fit. So I just got them and I feel they are too small on my feet but I am not sure If I can just pull it off.. My heels sticks off just a small bit. What do you all think? Keep them or send them back? Thank you
Do they look bad? Can I pull it off? Should i send them back and order a size 39? or will the 39s look WAY too big? I can walk pretty good in these... but they are small
IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

They are a taaad bit too small, it's not too noticeable from afar.
But they are a bit ill-fitting, especially for your toes. I can see they are bit constricted in there and that will lead to possible foot problems later on.
Try a one size up, and possibly a wider sole so your toes won't be tortured (too much) in your new heels, which look fabulous by the way!
:flower:

hmm they don't really look small to me..it's not noticable.

super cute! i think you should size up to a 39. even if they might be a tiny bit big, it's fine since they're sandals.

i think you should send them back n get a bigger size or another piece..

:smile:
thxs !

feet are probably humans most unwanted but yet you get to put all these amazing shoes to hide it

I bought these lovely Filippa K ankle boots online, and it turns out they are a bit too small for me and hurt when I walk. They are my favourite boots, and they were quite expencive for my budget and unrefundable, so I was wondering if anyone of you know whether or not it would be possible to stretch them?

I have heard that one way to stretch leather is to put them in the freezer with bags of water inside. Have any of you tried it? Does it work? I am afraid that it will ruin my boots, since the suede is quite delicate.

Also, would it be possible to take them to a professional to stretch them?

I need them to fit for the holidays, so please, if anyone have any experience with shoe stretching, please tell. I will be forever grateful.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.ssense.com/women/product/filippa_k/simone_nubuck_short_boots/17969

92072F128002_1_2.jpg

ssense.com

Wow, I hope someone has a good answer for this. I've been thinking about doing this for a pair of boots lately...Or rather, contemplating buying a pair of suede boots that are only available in a size too small and having them stretched.

Maybe a professional? You could perhaps take them to a cobbler and ask...Anyone else have any thoughts?

You can buy shoe stretchers - they're usually wooden models shaped like a foot that you can insert into the shoe and then you gradually turn a screw or a dial that lengthens the stretcher and the leather slowly adapts (canemart.com).

But for anyone thinking about knowingly spending money on a pair of shoes that isn't right and then trying to distort them to fit - it isn't worth the effort and it might not work, depending on the grade of leather you're working with. A shoe stretcher might be of use in situations where there's a slightly tight fit, but overall, it's not going to transform a size 3 into a size 4.

101-001_shoe_stretcher_two_way.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a spray that you can buy at your local shoe cobbler and then stuff the leather/suede with something and poof! stretched in minutes. Sorry don't know name or brand but have seen it in action so I know it exists.Probably the cheapest option.

Wow, I think maybe a combination of the two methods mentioned above woyld be perfect. I'll try to get my hands on some of that stuff tomorrow, and see how it goes. Will let you know.
Thank you, guys!

If anyone else knows of a solution or what that spray is called, please let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->