Style 2004: Pick Of The Accessories

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
a take on the hot accessories of the season :flower:

Style 2004: pick of the accessories
(Filed: 30/12/2003)
efacc1.jpg

Feminine, nostalgic details will complete the look for spring/summer, says Clare Coulson

Corsages, pearls and silk scarves
The corsage will return next season, and it looks more romantic than ever. Frayed or faded, the floral decorations on offer look as though they have been plucked from the pages of The Great Gatsby. At Miu Miu, there were clusters of clashing corsages, while Marc Jacobs used frayed silk roses. Jigsaw is a good place to hunt for flower pins in gorgeous colours (pictured), but for the ultimate selection, visit VV Rouleaux (tel: 020 7224 5179), where there is every possible design, from printed organza roses to camellias studded with Swarovski crystals.
Long-neglected and now rehabilitated, simple strings of pearls were seen on the chicest spring catwalks. Hip New York duo Proenza Schouler draped long strings around their elegant sportswear, while Alber Elbaz paired his chic dresses with single strands of aged pearls. Pearly queens should raid the jewellery boxes of mothers and grandmothers or head to Chanel, where the house's signature jewels have been used to decorate the cutest satin evening shoes.
:unsure: Wearing boots with summer dresses may seem like a bizarre idea, but designers have shown how well it can work; whichever style you choose, they will add an edge to all those frills and flounces. Marc Jacobs accessorises his frothy dresses with satin bootees in sorbet shades; Jean Paul Gaultier's slouchy cowboy boots will look great with floral chiffons; or take a tip from Anna Molinari's hippy-inspired collection and pair a little summer dress with beaten suede moccasin boots.
The Sloany silk scarf will be back next season. Wear one pleated and neatly tied at the neck, as at Prada.

Shoulder bags and sparkly shoes
St Martin's graduate Cordaelia Craine has designed clothes for the Sugababes and Ms Dynamite, as well as making showpiece accessories for Alexander McQueen. She launches her "Nuada" range of hand-crafted, leather bags at Matches in the spring. The supple shoulder bags, in rose or sage green leather with moulded flowers and hand-plaited leather straps, will look fabulous with this summer's ubiquitous floral dresses. Look out for Dorothy Barrick's vintage-inspired handbags (pictured) at Harvey Nichols. Barrick, whose fans include Liv Tyler and Kate Moss, has developed a range using antique and reproduction fabrics. The chic little pochettes will complement next summer's ultra-feminine looks.

In his heyday, the late Roger Vivier made shoes for Josephine Baker and the Duchess of Windsor. Now owned by Tods supremo Diego delle Valle, the company is being relaunched with a magical collection of footwear. Designed by the quirky Parisian Bruno Frisoni, it features glamorous jewels, intricate beading and couture embroideries by Lesage. The shoes will be available only at the shop at 29 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, Paris, but they promise to be worth the trip.

I'm heading for the corsage (in silk or with glass beads), the sloan scarves and maybe the pearls.. for bags and shoes, i dont really agree with Mrs Coulson's directions, i'd go for something more simple in striking colour.

I also think she should mention print bags, even though i'm not sure they are for me, they are going to be huge for ss04.

What do you think?

Pearls, scarves and corsages are really big for spring. As the article said it's about femininity and nostalgia. Light metallics are also small trend for Spring (As seen at Marc Jacobs [Where majority of the trends for Spring came from], below.)

I'm not really into these trends but corsages, pearls and scarves can add style to an outfit and make it look romantic. :smile: :blush:

100109731.jpg

Corsages from Marc Jacobs and Andrew Gn (Available at net-a-porter.com)
5920_index.jpg
5030_index.jpg

Thank you, again Lena! :flower:

i knew it!!!!!!
definately go out and buy a chanel camellia! (i got one for my mum for christmas :kiss: )

oh im glad Corsages are back :heart: :woot:

I lvoe boots with suemr dresses :heart:
and sparkily sheos are my favorite thing :heart:

corsages are so pretty and feminine. i actually love the flower in the hair trend as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->