rachel comey :boxer:
:wub:
100103630.jpg

:kiss:
100103631.jpg

Doo.Ri! I have been looking for their pieces forever. :doh:

I want this top. B)
100103566.jpg

Gary Graham was excellent. This collection seemed to herald a new direction for him. If his past tendency to sort of "dwell" on themes takes some hold with this subtle yet significant departure, there's much hope for New York fashion in general, should he pick up his pace some from collection to collection especially.

Reason for hope multiplies (thankfully) if you throw michael & hushi into the equation. Obvious fans of high drama, some pieces combine really too well the glamour of a not quite divinely overboard but a very-close-to-the edge of wildly-infatuated Galliano with a shockingly well-executed, sorta intellectual geometry that might've earned a nod from master Miyake himself. Sound nuts :wacko: ? It's very that... very gorgeous.

New York is good at glamor, for sure. With the likes of romantic de la Renta, the romantic practicality of Herrera, and the romantic flair of Badgley-Mishka even, it's indisputable and there's plenty to go around. Yet for me, and not to minimize the loveliness of these collections, it's much too pedestrian. The irony of ironies perhaps is that drama's left the building... Pr/Sc and yet another duo Vasseur-Esquivel have the potential to lure her back as well, but my gut feelling (and offered with really just the tiniest, itty-bitty sigh) is that their eight ears are more to the ground for the buyers in that market.

Lutz Fall 2003
100103613.jpg
... Stand out, don't stick out? Or subtler still?

Finally ( :blush: :lol: ) :innocent: ... almost a converse scenario hangs like a promising cloud over Paris with the threat of storm Lutz hitting. Just a really great collection. Sophisticated yet simple, it's the precisely perfect midtone pitch on (what he shows convincingly is perhaps) a not necessarily so antagonistic scale from avant garde to J.C.Penney catalogue. People won't be quite able to put a finger on it and soon will just accept that this girl has the "fashion thing" down and together.

:mellow: Hmmm... in short ( :angry: ) I think the style.com picks here were well-observed for the most part :blink: . :woot: :lol:

P.S. :o Is this two in a row for its top ten annals?
P.P.S. This is too long for me even to care to check for glaring mistakes, so forgive those please until tomorrow
icon_nanana.gif
:heart:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Apr 18th, 2003 - 1:57 am
rachel comey :boxer:
:wub:
lol lo i thought of you immediately when i saw that collection :wink: :P

I would have liked to see VPL taken off the list and replaced with a collection that wasn't all underwear...

but this cigarette pocket idea is hilarious:

100103645.jpg

:woot: :innocent: perfect for smoking in your undies- a fave past time of mine :unsure: :lol:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Apr 20th, 2003 - 3:20 am
:woot: :innocent: perfect for smoking in your undies- a fave past time of mine :unsure: :lol:
ROTFLOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You couldn't sit down without crumpling your ciggie. Another good reason for not smoking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->