Subversive For Target

the ads for the line are in the new april issues of domino and elle. they use the double strand shell ring necklace...

I ordered some of the pieces but I didn't have a chance to check them out IRL yet.
Will post my reviews and pics once I get them!

went to my Target today and I am totally in love with a couple of the necklaces, but I am going to wait until either they are on sale or I get my tax refund:smile: I did buy the locket earrings with the birds and chain, they reminded me of Amy Adams's Oscar purse for some reason, but I am very happy with them. I didn't realize how huge the necklaces were, but that made me love them even more:smile: I wasn't very impressed with the plastic bead stuff though or the bug cuffs. I was reading a review on Target.com that a woman said she bought the bug cuff twice and had stones fall off both times!

The item I thought I liked least... the huge chunky bead necklace are starting to make me think hmmmmm. I have so much black & Im thinking maybe the white/yellow/grey necklace might be nice with a black dress to add color.

I did get those bird/locket earrings home and while I do love them and will keep them, the earrings themselves are gold tones, but the french hooks that go into the ear are silver! I can change them out, but still, I wonder what the reasoning behind that was. I did go back and buy a necklace today, we shall see if I end up keeping it.

I noticed that. I wonder why he didnt make some of the chains or the bird silver so it would be two toned. That would have been fun.

Which necklace did you buy?

^yeah that would have been cooler. I bought this one:

51%2BGSEz3qvL._SS260_.jpg

target.com

I saw these at my Target today. They had their own little glass case. I liked the multi-chain ribbon bracelet the best. The other pieces looked a little too Liz Claiborne outlet for me to like. And the prices were surprising! $60? Really? I thought about it but anything that I looks like I could make it for myself isn't really worth it.

Plus some of the pieces, the material looked cheap and some were seriously ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they look much different from the "regular" Target jewelry. Cheap and tacky.

How is the overall quality of this line? I really like the bird earings, the bee necklace and the chunky plastic jewelery overall but the pieces cost more than the Go International dresses - If I'm gonna shell out $60 for a Target item, I'd probably go with a Rogan outfit, tbh. But when these hit clearance [which should be soon, yeah? it's been in stores for about 3 months], I might go for a few if they're not gonna break after four wears like the Domonique Cohen ribbon and chain necklaces did.

This collection was on clearance at my target today. The pieces were alot bigger than I expected. Much too big for my taste. The only piece I really liked were the bird earrings.

I'm just waiting for when they transfer out to my local thrift store and I can sweep up the things I like for cheap!

They are on clearance now!! Im going for those bird earrings!! $12.something now. The plastic chunky braclets are $10.something... Im thinking about one of those too.

I just got the round plastic earrings with the birds and bees on them for $10 - It was TOTALLY worth it. Honestly, it's not the best quality in the world - I wore them all day and one of the earring backs fell off when I took them off at the end of the day but it wasn't anything a little superglue didn't fix. And the cuteness of them more than make up for the shotty craftsmanship - They're also REMARKABLY light. I had to keep touching them all day to make sure they were still there. Can't wait 'til this goes 50% off - The quality isn't good enough for the price but once it all gets super-cheap and I won't be too concerned if it breaks after a few wears, I'll definetly be snapping up the plastic necklaces, bracelets and the other earings.

How's the quality of the bigger, chunky pieces? Particularly the bee necklace? THAT I'd actually be bummed out if it broke so I might pass on it despite it being totally my style...

I have the bee necklace and the quality is pretty good on it. I'd wait til it's super cheap though:smile:

50% off now! Im going to go Wednesday & get the bird earrings, a chunky bead bracelet & a chunky bead necklace for sure. Maybe someother or Ill wait for filthy (better than dirt cheap)cheap lol.

They send them to your thrift store? Interesting. Sometimes Ive noticed Target items with tags appearing at the Goodwill across from them but not on a regular basis.

yeah the stuff that doesnt sell at Target gets transferred to my local Goodwill. There was a ton of the Donminque Cohen stuff there and also a bunch of Go International stuff that people didn't buy. Plus lots of home stuff. I've gotten some great things!

wow, I didn't know that at all. That makes me respect target a whole lot more, since goodwill and such are all charities.

I know I have a target dress I got at value village w/ the tags on it, but I never thought it came right from the store

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->