Supplies/ Sources for Designers: Fabrics, Textiles, Trimings, Notions, Findings, Etc.

Good & affordable manufacturers & seamstresses/ dressmakers for creating bulk designs

I am currently on the search. Must provide a professional service using good stitch techniques. If anyone has information (I am based in the UK) please feel free to reply. Thank you.:wink:

I am sorry for refreshing such an old tread but any advises about poland?
I am searching for a textiles other than Łódz, I am from cracow so textiles places from cracow/warsaw would be great!

thx

Finding Serious Factories, etc.

So I'm currently working part-time for a fashion company in Asia, but I have close to no experience in this industry, so there's a lot I need to learn but sadly I can't ask my co-workers for help.

Here's my Q: How do you find leather manufacturers/factories in Europe without going to a leather fair or having a good network in Europe? (I'm European myself but am currently living in Asia.) I've been googling all morning (which is what my boss suggested I do) but can't find anything that seems serious. Is it an industry secret or what? How do these things work?

Excuse me for my extreme ignorance. I want to improve and learn.

I've been searching around the Fashion Spot but couldn't find what I was looking for, I'm sorry if something similar has already been posted and questions answered, I've been looking but maybe I didn't do it right.

Thank you!

robotique

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of other related threads ... not so much about your specific question or about leather, so not sure it will help. But they are about production and manufacturing in general .... China vs. the west, how it works, etc. Thinking there might be some little tidbit in there that might give you some direction about how to start researching.

Sources for Production and Manufacturing: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90/sources-production-manufacturing-52786.html

Basics about Production and Manufacturing: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90/basics-about-production-factory-manufacturing-31311.html

Last edited by a moderator:
BetteT, thank you! I was looking through those topics yesterday but couldn't really find what I'm searching for. Interesting read though, will look through it again and continue searching. Thanks!

Here are a couple of other related threads ... not so much about your specific question or about leather, so not sure it will help. But they are about production and manufacturing in general .... China vs. the west, how it works, etc. Thinking there might be some little tidbit in there that might give you some direction about how to start researching.

Sources for Production and Manufacturing: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90/sources-production-manufacturing-52786.html

Basics about Production and Manufacturing: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90/basics-about-production-factory-manufacturing-31311.html

embroidery resources

Hi,

My apologies if this has been posted but I just cannot seem to find any information on embroidery resources for new designers.
I am working on my line and live in the new york area. However, most of the embroidery shops I have frequented here all sell the same run of the mill/cheap embroidery. There is a very limited selection.
I'm looking for embroidery that can be used on a contemporary line or maybe a person specializing in embroidery. I have already posted on a few job websites and have not had much luck.

recycle,recycle,recycle.....recreate and handwork everything. not only is this eco-friendly but it can also be immensely inspiring and creative. really,there's so much stuff out there,why do we always need to produce everything?
where does one like to go for sources of material? I wonder in case I miss a place I haven't considered before

I believe most people source from thrift stores. Used clothes are also packaged and sold in bulk, but I assume you would want to choose pieces individually ...

Oh interesting- you have found bulk is available to the general public?

Have never researched it :wink: I have read about individual vendors buying in bulk in the third world, but I don't know much about it.

Okay I need an answer from someone who has actually done it :'p

Italian mills and clothing manufacturers

Hi everyone

I'm starting my own brand and I need some information.

Who knows of any reputable wool or cotton mills in Italy - except for the obvious Zegna.

Also, who is familiar with reputable manufacturers: who other brands use to have their cloths manufacturered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->