Swedish Clothing

can you find them in Denmark anywhere? cause it seems that they have stores only in sweden, so maybe they can be found in some not their name stores in denmark?

tindi-rindi - What brands are you talking about? If it's the last post: I know that Whyred can be found at Il (Gråbrødretorv, mens only though) and Mensch (just off Krystalgade, adjacent to the Vibskov store). And, I think that Pede & Stoffer retails Whyred as well, but I hardly ever go there. :smile:

I don't really see the point in calling out brands like CHEAP MONDAY.
are you people all NASA engineers??? since when are jeans supposed to blast you to the moon.
what's wrong with just plain, poor quality cheap jeans if they look fine?
Thats what jeans are for.
it's like the people who call out House of holland "i don't see what the big deal is -- theyre just t-shirts."

EXACTLY! there doesnt ALWAYS have to be a big deal!
Big deals most of the time suck sh*t anyways.

well its their choise, if someone wants cheap monday then why not. Of course if its only brand hunting then its the other talk. But i dont see anything wrong in having an expensive pair of jeans next to cheap pair of jeans as long as they fit :wink:

I`d love to check fillipa k, i`ve heard so many good things about it and i`d love to check it out, to make my own impression :flower:

Its actually quite hard to say what i`d like to see, because these (scandinavian) countries are quite new to me and i really dont know local designers. So if you have good recomendations what great young designers to see in cph i`d apreciate any help :smile: :flower:

I kinda like Tiger ... and besides ACNE and H&M are the only brands Ive seen/heard of ..

i think scandinavian designs are cool.
esp the furniture and quirky designs (think ikea)
here in tokyo, there is a following of scandinavian designs.
they are clean and cute isnt it?
less clutter but something you can look at for years to come and not get sick of.

it s the lifestyle of the people there that such designs can evolve i think, lots of woods, seas and stuff.

and i really think swedish fashion has taken flight. h&m, nudie, acne etc. they may not be the most creative but nonetheless wearable and cool. if you ask me i will definitely pick the above brands anytime to brands like
dkny, ck etc...you know what i mean.
and isnt recently there was this fashionable plastic or rubber boots for ladies, white with blue porcelain-like prints, i thought those look cute. Let me see if i could find the name for it.

and i also vaguely remember there was a cutter (no, not wood) or pattern maker who used to work for comme des garcons who recently started his own t shirt brand.

i think the pricing is rather off-tracked. for more than a 1000, that is close to half the price of a margiela leather jacket?

and i dont think acne doesnt have the creds to do that.

it is like nudie, along with most of the swedish brands, new kids on the block, so whilst it can price itself a bit pricier, it should at most be like the range of say the see by chloe, marb by marc jacobs (these are not good examples since they are womens brands...but you get the drift, acne is not high fashion)

that said, i actually like the pieces on the site you posted, just not the price.

and most of acnes are made in china i believe.

+ to make things worse the jacket's not even that nice looking

i never really thought of Sweden as a style destination, but on style.com they had some fanatsatic street style pics for both women and men.

The people were really well dressed.

have ya ever been to Copenhagen/Stockholm/Antwerpen/oslo/paris? ect

Seriously i ve been to the state and even the most trendy party and on the street whatsoever.. im not really impressed but there are some nicedressed ppl

in Scandinavia, they ppl are really trendy i do believe thats the most glamorous metropole in the world.. ya can see the kids 12-17 wit gucci/prada/LV( i mean real) Not only the brand but also the creative way to dress.. its hard to find anywhere else!!

But onethign to complain is that i remembered the last 2 years when the LV bags then the burburry scarf were in, ya saw it evrywhere:-P in the street:-P.... that was too bad!

BTW Tiger of sweden now belongs to IC company!!! a danish one:-P

yeah, fifth avenue shoe repair is one of the few brands in sweden who have some real design and is succesful as a company, they have found a good balace between edgy and commercial. im really impressed how fast they expanded.

JamieCD, they sure wear those fancy brands but it still looks like sh*t. and for the record, i promise, 80% of the items is fake.

acne is kaput, even if the industry adores them.

I only really like filippa k's acessories, and tiger's basics. The occasional acne too, but after the prices risened, everythings totally overpriced, like that leatherjacket. they have some gorgeous boots, but again; totally overpriced.

hey realitysucks I will pay a acne jeans for 30 €(200kr) max
Actually ya know in designerforum in copenhagen they sold acne tiger ect for 200-300kr. i bought some abd resell in ebay:-P

btw i boycott all thign made outside EU cauz i live here and support it.

I don't really see the point in calling out brands like CHEAP MONDAY.
are you people all NASA engineers??? since when are jeans supposed to blast you to the moon.
what's wrong with just plain, poor quality cheap jeans if they look fine?
Thats what jeans are for.
it's like the people who call out House of holland "i don't see what the big deal is -- theyre just t-shirts."

EXACTLY! there doesnt ALWAYS have to be a big deal!
Big deals most of the time suck sh*t anyways.

I agree once again with you Dok. :wink: I have purchased some jeans that are supposed to be high end stuff but they have been same or even worse quality than ie Cheap Monday. Fashion changes rather fast so if you can get fine looking jeans for a cheap price, whats the problem? I think its silly to pay for a brand clothing if it doesnt look/fit good (and I see lots of people buying those stupid t-shirts which say with huge letters for example "Dior", argh!).

Anyway, for the person who was asking about where to get Nakkna and Fifth avenue, all I can think of is Stockholm. They are rather small companies. Fifth avenue is growing though, like someone said here, so maybe they have websales?

I've become a lot more interested in Swedish and Scandinavian designs after befriending a Swed. She made it seem like nothing was going on and Sweden was the last place for development in fashion. It was SO SO crazy to listen to her talk about how boring it is in Sweden. I obviously feel differently.

There's ACNE, Cheap Monday, Tiger, WESC, and also lots of brands in Openning Ceremony. Like Minimarket, etc...I heard Cheap Mondays and ACNEs are way cheaper in Sweden....

hey so,
I'm assuming this topic has already been covered, but I'm looking to find a good pair of jeans...
whyred, and julious red both look pretty cool.
I'm in NY, the long and short of it is,,,, how do I find them here.
Are they sold here? Where could I find them on the internet?
I've looked around abit but ?
any ideas?
Why is it so hard to find international clothes, you'd think it would be easier then it is.

this is a pretty cool thread.
I must say swedish brands are some of my favorite.
They are leading the fashion treads these days it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->