Tamara Mellon

She is truly beautiful. I saw a pic of her coming from one of her divorce hearings in a pencil skirt and heels and she looks so fabulous.
After reading the article about here in Uk July Vogue, she is really inspiring too.
We need some pics to address her style!

here are a few pics to get this much needed thread going!

71931133.jpg
71931134.jpg
71966768.jpg

71966987.jpg

all images sourced from Getty Images

72665440.jpg

72665720.jpg

72673894.jpg

72673897.jpg

source - getty images

Last edited by a moderator:
73567520.jpg

73699701.jpg

74225832.jpg

source - getty images

I really like her style. She is very pulled together and dresses quite classicly.
She isnt the mos beautiful woman around but she is definately beautiful. There's just something about her!

tamara_mellon.jpg
I love this picture of her - it just sums up her world! (although she is no longer just all about the Choos as she is a big part of the purchase and reinvention of classic label, Halston!) (source richardnicholson.com)

11_mellon.jpg
source - /img.timeinc.net/time/2004/style/020904/power/images/11_mellon.jpg

mellonbig1026.jpg
the full version of the above image (source - http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/lifestyle/img/oct03/mellonbig1026.jpg)

here is what wikipedia (source) had on her:

"Tamara Mellon is the President and Founder of a line of designer shoes, Jimmy Choo.
Mellon was born in Winkfield in Berkshire, the daughter of Tom Yeardye, a successful entrepreneur and Ann (Davis) Yeardye, a former Chanel model. She was educated in Berkshire, England, Beverly Hills and Switzerland and began her career at Phyllis Walters Public Relations, Mirabella, and followed as accessories editor for British Vogue in 1990.
Recognizing the potential for development of high-end designer accessories, Mellon approached bespoke shoe-maker Mr Jimmy Choo with the idea of launching a ready-to-wear shoe company. As founder of the Jimmy Choo Company, Tamara secured funding for the creation of her business, and sourced factories in Italy. In addition, she set up an office in Italy to handle production, quality control and shipping. By 2001, Jimmy Choo had over 100 wholesale clients including Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Harrods and Harvey Nichols and the collections accounted for over 50% of the production of several of these factories.
The design collaboration between Tamara and creative director, Sandra Choi led to an immediate demand from other top stores. The Motcombe street store was followed by stores in New York, Las Vegas and Beverly Hills. In April 2001, the expansion of Jimmy Choo took a step forward with the announcement of a new partnership with Equinox Luxury Holdings Ltd. Acquiring Mr Choo’s share of the ready to wear business; Equinox’s Chief Executive Robert Bensoussan became CEO of Jimmy Choo. This transaction enabled Jimmy Choo to achieve outstanding results, with the introduction of handbag and small leather goods collections. In November 2004, with the company valued at £101 million, Hicks Muse announced the majority acquisition of Jimmy Choo — yet another significant move for the future development of the company.
Jimmy Choo shoes have been sung about by starlets such as Beyoncé Knowles and the shoes are well-known as the shoes of choice for Hollywood red carpet events.
From the first boutique opened in London’s Knightsbridge in 1996, Jimmy Choo now has a total of 39 stores including London (Sloane Street & New Bond Street), New York, Beverly Hills, Miami, Dallas, Moscow, Milan and Hong Kong and is distributed by select stores worldwide. The brand continues to have stong ambitions and plans to open a total of 50 stores worldwide by 2008. In 2007, Mellon made another appearance on the Sunday Times Rich List where she is ranked as the 751st richest person in Britain with an estimated wealth of £99 million.[1] She is also ranked as the 64th richest woman in Britain.[2]
In May 2000 she married Matthew Mellon II, an heir to the Mellon family fortune, with whom she had one daughter, Araminta. The couple divorced in 2005. She currently resides in Chelsea."

nmellon.jpg
she looks picture perfect here!

I have to admit that she is quite new to my style radar and she was only really drawn to my attention after seeing that one photo of her in a magazine (dont know which one though the caption was something like 'still looking super stylish in a pencil skirt and high heels during her divorce battle'.
Does anyone like her style or has she been a bit under the radar until i outed her here!?! lol

74383293.jpg
74383294.jpg

Tamara at the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation Party on the 2nd June.
Stunning dress!

(source - getty images)

^ yeah thats the divorce outfit I loved! Thanks

Getty images
74927699.jpg
74927701.jpg

Herb Ritts - Private View
LONDON - JUNE 26: Tamara Mellon attends private view of US fashion and celebrity photographer Herb Ritts' work, at the Hamiltons Gallery on June 26, 2007 in London, England. (Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

74856480.jpg
74856532.jpg

The Hoping Foundation Benefit Evening In Aid Of The HOPING Foundation
LONDON - JUNE 21: Tamara Mellon attends the Hoping Foundation Benefit Evening hosted by Bella Freud in aid of the HOPING foundation, at Ronnie Scott's on June 21, 2007 in London, England. (Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow she has fantastic style:woot:, thanks for all the pics everyone, love the first black minidress posted with the gold chains, so sexy and the Gucci purple printed long sleeve gown!:heart::heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->