Tatler November 2022 : HM Queen Elizabeth II by Cecil Beaton

Of all magazines, most fitting for Tatler, where having two covers in the year featuring The Queen isn't out of keeping with what the magazine is about.

OH, TO BE IN ENGLAND
Photography:
Luc Braquet
Styling: Hannah Teare
Hair: Federico Ghezzi
Make-up: Pablo Rodriguez
Model: Annie Tice

Tatler Digital Edition

Due to various postal delays, my subscription copy only turned up yesterday or so - the main issue has 144 pgs, and there's a Spa Guide which has 80 pgs.
  • The ads include 2 pg of Linda for Fendi, plus Chanel.
  • There's a 3 pg article about Cecil Beaton's royal photography, ahead of a new book by Robin Muir, 'The Crown in Vogue'.
  • The section devoted to The Queen starts with several pages featuring her 25+ Tatler covers (Vogue could never) plus a 2 pg obituary.
  • There's the fashion edit as seen above (thanks Zorka).
  • An article about a mother's fight to get justice for her son "killed with a candlestick by aristocrat".
  • 'Seoul Sister' looks at all things Korean in the current art and fashion world.
  • There's a lengthy article about David Ross, a telecoms tycoon, and his son ("When Carl was just 12 years old, he played Shostakovich on the piano to an audience of 300 guests at David's 50th birthday").
  • An article about some new trendy areas of London.
  • The travel section goes to Antarctica.
I say this every month, I greatly enjoy Tatler for its glamour and energy, and the magazine has moved forward to put a lot of new faces on the cover. In all the talk about editors, Richard Dennan is a dark horse.

Due to various postal delays, my subscription copy only turned up yesterday or so - the main issue has 144 pgs, and there's a Spa Guide which has 80 pgs.
  • The ads include 2 pg of Linda for Fendi, plus Chanel.
  • There's a 3 pg article about Cecil Beaton's royal photography, ahead of a new book by Robin Muir, 'The Crown in Vogue'.
  • The section devoted to The Queen starts with several pages featuring her 25+ Tatler covers (Vogue could never) plus a 2 pg obituary.
  • There's the fashion edit as seen above (thanks Zorka).
  • An article about a mother's fight to get justice for her son "killed with a candlestick by aristocrat".
  • 'Seoul Sister' looks at all things Korean in the current art and fashion world.
  • There's a lengthy article about David Ross, a telecoms tycoon, and his son ("When Carl was just 12 years old, he played Shostakovich on the piano to an audience of 300 guests at David's 50th birthday").
  • An article about some new trendy areas of London.
  • The travel section goes to Antarctica.
I say this every month, I greatly enjoy Tatler for its glamour and energy, and the magazine has moved forward to put a lot of new faces on the cover. In all the talk about editors, Richard Dennan is a dark horse.
I see it's more close to ELLE than Vogue in terms of contents. I like a lot the cover, is an iconic portrait of the Queen. Beaton was a master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->